A Steam update late last week makes it so you can finally move a game to a new drive from within the client, rather than dragging the folder manually. Good news for SSD owners.
A Reddit Q&A with Gabe Newell teases the existence of unannounced projects, particularly in virtual reality, and Valve continues to acknowledge it needs to work on Steam's support system. That and more inside.
Plus Mass Effect Andromeda snags a release date, EverQuest Next spinoff Landmark shutting down, and more. This is gaming news for January 2 through 6.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is yet another instance of the Windows Store version of a game being notably worse than its Steam counterpart.
No concept art, no pre-rendered cinematics—Steam now requires developers to fill the screenshots section of the store with actual screenshots.
The $50 game streaming box that could will now reportedly be included inside (at least some) Samsung televisions.
Sony's PlayStation 4 controller will soon work with games that support it on Steam.
You still buy Vive VR games from Steam, but you can try HTC's Viveport for non-gaming experiences.
Valve has removed Digital Homicide's games from Steam after the developer sued users for nasty review comments.
VR is still a burgeoning technology, but with the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift in the wild it's still a great time for a Steam sale.
Valve may not be too happy about Windows as a PC platform, but the company has finally rolled out a Steam app for Windows mobile devices.
Dell had high hopes for the Alienware Steam Machine after its delayed released last year, but it wasn't as popular as its twin Alienware Alpha, a Windows-based PC gaming console.
The Steam Machine is an interesting concept, but it's not the device PC gamers are looking for.
The long arm of the Internet gets a bit more nimble as Steam introduces a section for recent reviews and a new 30-day aggregate score.
Valve is battling Steam cheaters with information that cheaters willingly handed over.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's Yoga 720 brings a bit of game with discrete GTX 1050 graphics
- Lenovo's $199 Miix 320 laptop may challenge cheap Chromebooks
- Draytek Vigor 2952 SMB router overview
- 5 Best Australian smartphone deals
- Lenovo to integrate Amazon Alexa in Moto smartphones
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCSoftware PackerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTTelecommunications Services Manager - Voice/Data/UCQLD
- CCSAP Billing & Invoicing ConsultantNSW
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW