With cloud saves, in-game overlays, screenshots, and more, GOG Galaxy is now a viable alternative to the Steam desktop client.
Twitch wants to go head-to-head with Steam by selling games to its viewers.
A Steam update late last week makes it so you can finally move a game to a new drive from within the client, rather than dragging the folder manually. Good news for SSD owners.
A Reddit Q&A with Gabe Newell teases the existence of unannounced projects, particularly in virtual reality, and Valve continues to acknowledge it needs to work on Steam's support system. That and more inside.
Plus Mass Effect Andromeda snags a release date, EverQuest Next spinoff Landmark shutting down, and more. This is gaming news for January 2 through 6.
Steam can do a whole lot more than let you buy and play games. Buckle up and get ready to dive deep into Steam's hidden features for power users.
It's not easy to turn your Steam games into Live Tiles, but this Windows Store app can help.
Itch.io has made a name for itself among indie game developers. Now it just needs to resonate with consumers.
The film and music industry has a long tradition of digging up and preserving their intellectual property so that it can continually be enjoyed by audiences both in the present and future.
Steam, it seems, is getting too big for its britches, or at least that's the sentiment conveyed by Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford in an interview with Maximum PC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- FTIT Test ManagerNSW
- FTData Analyst (Query Scripting and Reporting)NSW