Here's a quick and dirty guide to SSL/TLS, one of the most important technologies for securing data on the Internet.
SSL, the encryption scheme that protects virtually all secure online transaction, requires that users rely on trusted third parties, but what if they can't be trusted?
Researchers have found a cheaper, faster way to process SSL/TLS with off-the-shelf hardware, a development that could let more Web sites shut down cyber threats posed by the likes of the Firesheep hijacking tool.
People who want to shield their use of Google's Web search engine from network snoops now have the option of encrypting the session with SSL protection.
Google launched a <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/196932/encrypted_search_comes_to_google.html">new beta service this week</a>--encrypted search using SSL (secure sockets layer) to protect searches from being snooped or intercepted while trav...
VeriSign is introducing a certification service that confirms whether a business is legitimate and that their Web site is free of malware.
Banking giant UBS has started deploying a device from IBM that ensures online banking transactions aren't being interfered with by hackers.
More than 300 Web sites are being pestered by infected computers that are part of the Pushdo botnet, according to security researchers.
A Seattle computer security consultant says he's developed a new way to exploit a recently disclosed bug in the SSL protocol, used to secure communications on the Internet. The attack, while difficult to execute, could give attackers a very powerful ...
A flaw in the protocol used to secure communications over the Internet could have been used to hack Twitter accounts, according to an IBM security researcher.
Security researchers have found some serious flaws in software that uses the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption protocol used to secure communications on the Internet.
A researcher has found a convincing way to hack the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol used to secure logins to a range of websites, including e-commerce and banking sites.
Users of Apple's MobileMe have already discovered that the US$99-per-year service is sometimes slow and unreliable, and they're now talking about another shortcoming that was intentional.
Debate is reaching a fever pitch over a new security feature in Firefox 3.0 that throws out a warning page to users when a Web site's SSL certificate is expired or has not been issued by a trusted third party.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Legendary RPG Planescape: Torment is getting an Enhanced Edition, 17 years later
- GeForce GTX 1060 added to Nvidia's For Honor, Ghost Recon: Wildlands free game bundle
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
- Microsoft OneNote for beginners: Everything you need to know
- Subaru XV 2017 review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSecurity Lead / ConsultantNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTReports Developer - Hyperion EssentialNSW
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior C# Analyst Programmer, Product & MarketsNSW
- FTBusiness Solution Architect, Supply ChainNSW
- FTSoftware Tech Lead - C++ Back Office Trading SystemsNSW
- FTProject Support - TelecommunicationsQLD
- PTMobile App DeveloperVIC
- TPSQL Server Developer | 3 month contract |NSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst-InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions ArchitectSA
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTReporting Analyst - HR / PayrollNSW
- CCExecutive SupportWA
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD