Here's a quick and dirty guide to SSL/TLS, one of the most important technologies for securing data on the Internet.
SSL, the encryption scheme that protects virtually all secure online transaction, requires that users rely on trusted third parties, but what if they can't be trusted?
Researchers have found a cheaper, faster way to process SSL/TLS with off-the-shelf hardware, a development that could let more Web sites shut down cyber threats posed by the likes of the Firesheep hijacking tool.
People who want to shield their use of Google's Web search engine from network snoops now have the option of encrypting the session with SSL protection.
Google launched a <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/196932/encrypted_search_comes_to_google.html">new beta service this week</a>--encrypted search using SSL (secure sockets layer) to protect searches from being snooped or intercepted while trav...
VeriSign is introducing a certification service that confirms whether a business is legitimate and that their Web site is free of malware.
Banking giant UBS has started deploying a device from IBM that ensures online banking transactions aren't being interfered with by hackers.
More than 300 Web sites are being pestered by infected computers that are part of the Pushdo botnet, according to security researchers.
A Seattle computer security consultant says he's developed a new way to exploit a recently disclosed bug in the SSL protocol, used to secure communications on the Internet. The attack, while difficult to execute, could give attackers a very powerful ...
A flaw in the protocol used to secure communications over the Internet could have been used to hack Twitter accounts, according to an IBM security researcher.
Security researchers have found some serious flaws in software that uses the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption protocol used to secure communications on the Internet.
A researcher has found a convincing way to hack the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol used to secure logins to a range of websites, including e-commerce and banking sites.
Users of Apple's MobileMe have already discovered that the US$99-per-year service is sometimes slow and unreliable, and they're now talking about another shortcoming that was intentional.
Debate is reaching a fever pitch over a new security feature in Firefox 3.0 that throws out a warning page to users when a Web site's SSL certificate is expired or has not been issued by a trusted third party.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tesla cars to have full self-driving gear, but feature disabled for now
- We compared the speakers of a Pixel XL and an iPhone 7
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- This disinfection robot can light the way to cleaner hospitals
- Apple's MacBook Pro 15 is basically a fossil at this point and here's the proof
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- NSPython Developer (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW