SSL, the encryption scheme that protects virtually all secure online transaction, requires that users rely on trusted third parties, but what if they can't be trusted?
Researchers have found a cheaper, faster way to process SSL/TLS with off-the-shelf hardware, a development that could let more Web sites shut down cyber threats posed by the likes of the Firesheep hijacking tool.
People who want to shield their use of Google's Web search engine from network snoops now have the option of encrypting the session with SSL protection.
Google launched a <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/196932/encrypted_search_comes_to_google.html">new beta service this week</a>--encrypted search using SSL (secure sockets layer) to protect searches from being snooped or intercepted while trav...
VeriSign is introducing a certification service that confirms whether a business is legitimate and that their Web site is free of malware.
Banking giant UBS has started deploying a device from IBM that ensures online banking transactions aren't being interfered with by hackers.
More than 300 Web sites are being pestered by infected computers that are part of the Pushdo botnet, according to security researchers.
A Seattle computer security consultant says he's developed a new way to exploit a recently disclosed bug in the SSL protocol, used to secure communications on the Internet. The attack, while difficult to execute, could give attackers a very powerful ...
A flaw in the protocol used to secure communications over the Internet could have been used to hack Twitter accounts, according to an IBM security researcher.
Security researchers have found some serious flaws in software that uses the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption protocol used to secure communications on the Internet.
A researcher has found a convincing way to hack the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol used to secure logins to a range of websites, including e-commerce and banking sites.
Users of Apple's MobileMe have already discovered that the US$99-per-year service is sometimes slow and unreliable, and they're now talking about another shortcoming that was intentional.
Debate is reaching a fever pitch over a new security feature in Firefox 3.0 that throws out a warning page to users when a Web site's SSL certificate is expired or has not been issued by a trusted third party.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Developers getting more help with heterogenous processors
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- Why Continuum could draw customers from Apple and Android to Windows 10 mobile
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW