Here's a quick and dirty guide to SSL/TLS, one of the most important technologies for securing data on the Internet.
SSL, the encryption scheme that protects virtually all secure online transaction, requires that users rely on trusted third parties, but what if they can't be trusted?
Researchers have found a cheaper, faster way to process SSL/TLS with off-the-shelf hardware, a development that could let more Web sites shut down cyber threats posed by the likes of the Firesheep hijacking tool.
People who want to shield their use of Google's Web search engine from network snoops now have the option of encrypting the session with SSL protection.
Google launched a <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/196932/encrypted_search_comes_to_google.html">new beta service this week</a>--encrypted search using SSL (secure sockets layer) to protect searches from being snooped or intercepted while trav...
VeriSign is introducing a certification service that confirms whether a business is legitimate and that their Web site is free of malware.
Banking giant UBS has started deploying a device from IBM that ensures online banking transactions aren't being interfered with by hackers.
More than 300 Web sites are being pestered by infected computers that are part of the Pushdo botnet, according to security researchers.
A Seattle computer security consultant says he's developed a new way to exploit a recently disclosed bug in the SSL protocol, used to secure communications on the Internet. The attack, while difficult to execute, could give attackers a very powerful ...
A flaw in the protocol used to secure communications over the Internet could have been used to hack Twitter accounts, according to an IBM security researcher.
Security researchers have found some serious flaws in software that uses the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption protocol used to secure communications on the Internet.
A researcher has found a convincing way to hack the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol used to secure logins to a range of websites, including e-commerce and banking sites.
Users of Apple's MobileMe have already discovered that the US$99-per-year service is sometimes slow and unreliable, and they're now talking about another shortcoming that was intentional.
Debate is reaching a fever pitch over a new security feature in Firefox 3.0 that throws out a warning page to users when a Web site's SSL certificate is expired or has not been issued by a trusted third party.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
- Sniper Elite 4 preview: More sniping, less shooting
- Halo Wars 2 campaign preview: Polished, pretty, but not as exciting as Blitz mode
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT