SSL, the encryption scheme that protects virtually all secure online transaction, requires that users rely on trusted third parties, but what if they can't be trusted?
Researchers have found a cheaper, faster way to process SSL/TLS with off-the-shelf hardware, a development that could let more Web sites shut down cyber threats posed by the likes of the Firesheep hijacking tool.
People who want to shield their use of Google's Web search engine from network snoops now have the option of encrypting the session with SSL protection.
Google launched a <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/196932/encrypted_search_comes_to_google.html">new beta service this week</a>--encrypted search using SSL (secure sockets layer) to protect searches from being snooped or intercepted while trav...
VeriSign is introducing a certification service that confirms whether a business is legitimate and that their Web site is free of malware.
Banking giant UBS has started deploying a device from IBM that ensures online banking transactions aren't being interfered with by hackers.
More than 300 Web sites are being pestered by infected computers that are part of the Pushdo botnet, according to security researchers.
A Seattle computer security consultant says he's developed a new way to exploit a recently disclosed bug in the SSL protocol, used to secure communications on the Internet. The attack, while difficult to execute, could give attackers a very powerful ...
A flaw in the protocol used to secure communications over the Internet could have been used to hack Twitter accounts, according to an IBM security researcher.
Security researchers have found some serious flaws in software that uses the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption protocol used to secure communications on the Internet.
A researcher has found a convincing way to hack the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol used to secure logins to a range of websites, including e-commerce and banking sites.
Users of Apple's MobileMe have already discovered that the US$99-per-year service is sometimes slow and unreliable, and they're now talking about another shortcoming that was intentional.
Debate is reaching a fever pitch over a new security feature in Firefox 3.0 that throws out a warning page to users when a Web site's SSL certificate is expired or has not been issued by a trusted third party.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC