Intel isn't yet shipping its Optane SSDs, but they soon will be available for testing over the cloud.
Nobody expected this: Seagate has announced a monster 60TB solid-state drive -- the highest capacity SSD to date -- that could ship next year.
Samsung's 4TB 850 EVO offers consumers a viable alternative to hard drives for bulk storage.
Intel let slips the timeline for its upcoming Optane line of SSDs that will blur the line between storage and memory by offering performance that has 1,000 times the endurance of NAND flash and is in some cases up to 1,000 times faster.
Sandisk announced two main products at Computex but it was the prototype that was exciting.
How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
Hard drives, SSDs and even external drives are pretty reliable. However, in the unlikely event of a crash you'll need to know how to recover or delete your data, and hopefully not put your hands above your head and prepare for impact. Read on to find...
If you have $US1299 to spend, Akitio's external Thunder3 PCIe SSD storage system will deliver blazing speed and more.
Computerworld's Lucas Mearian shows how to quickly install the new SSD from Other World Computing into a MacBook Pro Retina laptop.
Intel, in addition to showing off its blazing-fast 3C XPoint Optane drives, also said its 3D NAND will be able to squeeze 1TB of storage into a 1.5mm thick drive by next year.
With its latest SSDs, Intel is paving the way for fast, standard NVMe connections in storage systems for both more and less adventurous users.
Intel promised super fast and high-capacity SSDs with 3D NAND chips last year, and the company announces the first of those drives Thursday.
SSDs have seen four straight quarters of 10% or greater price drops, leading one analyst to predict that they will near price parity with hard drives in the next two years.
In October, Samsung will roll out V-NAND flash M.2 sticks with 256GB and 512GB capacities. If that sounds nice, just wait until you see what's coming in 2016.
Irish rockers, U2, are continuing to innovate in their use of video on the current Innocence + Experience tour, and behind the scenes is some extremely high-performance, all-flash technology.
With all the photos, videos, apps and tunes you have, the storage on your smartphone may not be enough. With that in mind, Intel is researching new ways to up the storage capacity in mobile devices and PCs without hurting the size or price of devices...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCLinux EngineerVIC