Apple event promises Watch info ... Square pushes into more merchant services ... Google working on VR Android... and more tech news.
Amazon.com has introduced a card reader coupled with smartphone and tablet apps that aim to provide small businesses with a way to accept payments on these devices.
Next time you want to buy a bamboo iPhone case or a vintage Superman comic at online mall Square Market, you can pay with bitcoin.
Mobile payments company Square has launched an online marketplace, an offering that an analyst said is similar to those from eBay, Amazon and Etsy, where merchants can sell products to consumers.
Germany-based card payments startup Payleven is going to make its chip-and-PIN service available to individuals, the company said on Wednesday.
Forget fumbling with cash and credit cards; smartphones have long been seen as a way to make in store purchases faster and easier. But several challenges need to be overcome before the technology takes off.
Using a smartphone to pay for purchases in lieu of a physical debit or credit card may become a $US1 trillion business by 2015, and some ancillary technologies for consumer engagement could help to make that happen.
Dutch payment services company Adyen has developed a service it hopes will allow sales staff at major European retailers to accept card payments via a mobile phone, perhaps allowing them to do without dedicated cashiers.
Mobile card payments startup iZettle has settled its payments dispute with Visa Europe and can now accept Visa payments in Norway, Finland and Denmark, the company announced on Tuesday.
Bank of America will extend its mobile payments service to small retailers in December, allowing them to use smartphones and tablets as point-of-sale terminals.
Swedish smartphone card payments startup iZettle will expand its territory to Germany by partnering with Deutsche Telekom and the German DZ Bank.
There is a venture investment bubble in the mobile industry as countless startups draw interest for what might be the next big application or tool, the chief operating officer of payments vendor Square said Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT