Apple event promises Watch info ... Square pushes into more merchant services ... Google working on VR Android... and more tech news.
Amazon.com has introduced a card reader coupled with smartphone and tablet apps that aim to provide small businesses with a way to accept payments on these devices.
Next time you want to buy a bamboo iPhone case or a vintage Superman comic at online mall Square Market, you can pay with bitcoin.
Mobile payments company Square has launched an online marketplace, an offering that an analyst said is similar to those from eBay, Amazon and Etsy, where merchants can sell products to consumers.
Germany-based card payments startup Payleven is going to make its chip-and-PIN service available to individuals, the company said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA