Sprint Nextel has offered US $2.1 billion, or $2.90 a share, for the nearly one-half interest in mobile broadband firm Clearwire that the company doesn't already own.
The FCC will allow cellular services on a large block of satellite spectrum held by Dish Network and auction off another set of frequencies to raise money for an LTE public safety network around the U.S.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to move forward on plans to have the U.S. military share wireless spectrum in the 3.5GHz band with commercial users.
Sprint Nextel is in negotiations to acquire the remainder of Clearwire, its 4G WiMax network partner, according to news reports.
The four largest mobile carriers in the U.S. -- AT&T, Verizon, Sprint Nextel and T-Mobile -- have agreed to accelerate the availability of emergency texting, or text-to-911.
Showing that it's serious about quickly phasing out its venerable iDEN network and traditional push-to-talk service, Sprint Nextel now plans to charge all subscribers on that system an extra US$10 per month beginning Jan. 1.
Satellite service provider Dish Network has slammed the FCC's plan to let it use some of its spectrum for LTE, saying the proposal is so restrictive it could delay a network buildout for years.
AT&T announced general availability of its Enhanced Push-to-Talk service on Tuesday, taking on Sprint's Direct Connect Now app as the carriers vie to attract users of the fading Nextel network.
Just as mobile operators start to get their networks back up in most areas affected by Hurricane Sandy last week, another storm is heading for the region that was hardest hit.
Nextel, an upstart mobile operator formed in the 1990s that attracted a loyal following in construction and other trades, looks set to disappear after Japan's Softbank buys 70 percent of Sprint Nextel.
Cellular coverage for some carriers approached normal levels in the northeastern U.S. a week after Hurricane Sandy made landfall, but some areas remained cut off from mobile service because of ongoing power and telecommunications outages.
A major investor in WiMax operator Clearwire told the company's board on Thursday to sell its excess spectrum for up to US$9 billion to prevent Sprint Nextel from buying out the company at a discount.
Japan's Softbank, which announced a US$20 billion deal to acquire U.S. mobile operator Sprint Nextel earlier this month, said it booked a record operating profit in its fiscal first half.
Post-Tropical Cyclone Sandy knocked out mobile, phone and cable service in many parts of the eastern U.S. on Monday, with about one in four cell sites affected in the hardest-hit band of the country between Virginia and Massachusetts, according to an...
Sprint Nextel's deployment of its ambitious Network Vision infrastructure, which includes the gradual rollout of 4G LTE technology, is about three months behind schedule due to several factors, the company said during its financial results call on Th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP ERP ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior IT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- CCData Warehousing /Business Intelligence DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCTest Analyst : AutomationNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Defence - NV1SA
- TPBusiness Analyst/TesterVIC
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- TPICT Security SpecialistQLD
- CCDigital Marketing StrategistVIC
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW