Oracle may own the Java trademark, but VMware is touting its own Spring framework as the best programming model for enterprise Java developers.
The enterprise variant of Java faced off against the Spring Framework this week in a debate over which one developers should use for <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/t/java">Java</a> application development.
The VMforce cloud platform in development by VMware and Salesforce.com will be most useful for customers with existing Salesforce deployments, but can technically be used to build any Java application, a VMware official says.
VMware's SpringSource is acquiring database-caching software company GemStone Systems, the company announced Thursday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The new version of the Groovy programming language aims to make life easier for programmers who work with Java and SQL, the language's developers note.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 2 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 3 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 4 Fetch TV set-top box
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 5547 laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Amazon building ad system to compete with Google's
- Airbnb to reveal 124 New York hosts to attorney general
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- HP loses its leader on NFV, a key carrier network trend
- Google acquires Gecko Design for next-generation products
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW