Oracle may own the Java trademark, but VMware is touting its own Spring framework as the best programming model for enterprise Java developers.
The enterprise variant of Java faced off against the Spring Framework this week in a debate over which one developers should use for <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/t/java">Java</a> application development.
The VMforce cloud platform in development by VMware and Salesforce.com will be most useful for customers with existing Salesforce deployments, but can technically be used to build any Java application, a VMware official says.
VMware's SpringSource is acquiring database-caching software company GemStone Systems, the company announced Thursday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The new version of the Groovy programming language aims to make life easier for programmers who work with Java and SQL, the language's developers note.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPad Mini 3 review: Paying top dollar for yesterday's tech
- Report: Samsung's head of TVs may be asked to revitalize mobile business
- Webcam snooper now looking for a job
- Alienware’s push into the living room
- Traces of Regin malware may date back to 2006
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC