Sun Microsystems' product plans are up in the air pending its acquisition by Oracle, but the company's chip engineers continue to present new designs in the hope they'll see the light of day.
Fujitsu aims to deliver by early 2011 a 10-petaflop supercomputer, which would be almost 10 times more powerful than today's fastest system.
Chip makers will describe plans to deliver server processors with eight CPU cores at the Hot Chips conference at Stanford University, though there is some debate about what the products will mean for end-users.
Oracle's decision to acquire Sun Microsystems has created a larger market opportunity for Intel to put its Itanium chips into more enterprise servers, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC