Cisco Systems may be "rebalancing" its business by eliminating 4000 jobs, or about 5 per cent of its workforce, but it'll keep its hands off its hot new security acquisition, Sourcefire.
Cisco is set to expand its security software portfolio with the acquisition of Sourcefire in a deal worth US$2.7 billion.
Sourcefire Monday announced a new line of intrusion-prevention systems (IPS) that sets the foundation for the company's anticipated foray into the application-aware next-generation firewall market later this year.
Open-source security company Sourcefire has announced an entry-level Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) it claims will democratize a technology that is still seen as being exclusively for large companies with experienced security teams, rather than sm...
One of the big advantages of using Linux is that its security tends to be so much better than that of the competing alternatives.
Sourcefire today announced it has acquired start-up Immunet for $21 million, including $17 million paid at closing and $4 million expected to be paid over the next 18 months upon “achievement of product-delivery milestones related to the enterprise v...
Is Snort, the 12-year-old open-source intrusion detection and prevention system, dead?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW