Cisco Systems may be "rebalancing" its business by eliminating 4000 jobs, or about 5 per cent of its workforce, but it'll keep its hands off its hot new security acquisition, Sourcefire.
Cisco is set to expand its security software portfolio with the acquisition of Sourcefire in a deal worth US$2.7 billion.
Sourcefire Monday announced a new line of intrusion-prevention systems (IPS) that sets the foundation for the company's anticipated foray into the application-aware next-generation firewall market later this year.
Open-source security company Sourcefire has announced an entry-level Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) it claims will democratize a technology that is still seen as being exclusively for large companies with experienced security teams, rather than sm...
One of the big advantages of using Linux is that its security tends to be so much better than that of the competing alternatives.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA