The mid-range of the smartphone market is getting hyper-competitive, but Sony is betting the waterproof Xperia M4 Aqua will help it make a mark.
Viewers complained Tuesday that they were unable to access some of their favorite online streaming services like Netflix and Hulu from smart devices made by Sony.
Sony will invest more money in the PlayStation as it fights to return to a profit, and could reportedly exit from selling smartphones and TVs.
A security company in the U.S. has provided further evidence that last year's devastating hacking attack on Sony Pictures Entertainment was carried out by a group with ties to North Korea.
Spy group has embedded tools in foreign networks ... Sony selling its SmartEyeglasses ... Infosys will automate more jobs ... and more news
While Google is pulling back from a consumer release of Glass, Sony is moving forward with sales to developers of its augmented reality SmartEyeglass.
Underdog Sony aims to grow its smartphone market share with an inexpensive 5-inch smartphone, the Xperia E4.
Smartphone thefts fall after kill switches come in ... Anthem hit for failure to communicate ... IBM's Watson is learning Japanese ... and more tech news.
Crowdfunding site Indiegogo attracts aspiring musicians, film students and tech startups. And a multinational company with billions of dollars in sales: Sony.
ARM's fastest mobile chip ever comes out of the gate ... SAP puts entire enterprise suite on Hana ... Hack cost Sony $15 million through December, but $35 million for fiscal year ... and more news.
Sony has put an estimate to the damage caused by the massive cyberattack against Sony Pictures Entertainment last year -- US$15 million.
Sony has sold Sony Online Entertainment, an Internet games company it established in the 1990s, to investment firm Columbus Nova.
What happens to robots when they die? If you're Sony's defunct robot dog Aibo, your technology can return to life in smart homes.
Apple is getting closer to matching Samsung Electronics on its home turf, as it has done with other East Asian rivals.
Sony is planning to lay off another 1,000 people from its mobile division as it attempts to bring the unit back to profitability, according to Japan's Nikkei business daily.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW