While Google is pulling back from a consumer release of Glass, Sony is moving forward with sales to developers of its augmented reality SmartEyeglass.
Underdog Sony aims to grow its smartphone market share with an inexpensive 5-inch smartphone, the Xperia E4.
Smartphone thefts fall after kill switches come in ... Anthem hit for failure to communicate ... IBM's Watson is learning Japanese ... and more tech news.
Crowdfunding site Indiegogo attracts aspiring musicians, film students and tech startups. And a multinational company with billions of dollars in sales: Sony.
ARM's fastest mobile chip ever comes out of the gate ... SAP puts entire enterprise suite on Hana ... Hack cost Sony $15 million through December, but $35 million for fiscal year ... and more news.
Sony has put an estimate to the damage caused by the massive cyberattack against Sony Pictures Entertainment last year -- US$15 million.
Sony has sold Sony Online Entertainment, an Internet games company it established in the 1990s, to investment firm Columbus Nova.
What happens to robots when they die? If you're Sony's defunct robot dog Aibo, your technology can return to life in smart homes.
Apple is getting closer to matching Samsung Electronics on its home turf, as it has done with other East Asian rivals.
Sony is planning to lay off another 1,000 people from its mobile division as it attempts to bring the unit back to profitability, according to Japan's Nikkei business daily.
For Android fans, the next couple of months will be exciting times thanks to the expected arrival of new flagship smartphones from HTC, LG Electronics, Samsung Electronics and Sony. While nothing revolutionary is expected, the steady pace of product ...
Sony has requested approval to delay its third-quarter earnings report, citing damage to network systems in its Sony Pictures Entertainment division caused by the cyberattack it sustained late last year.
Microsoft is all about Windows 10 this week ... the NSA was lurking in NK networks before Sony hack ... Alibaba's move in the U.S. starts with partners ... and more
After pulling out of PCs and fighting a losing battle in smartphones, Sony is staking out wearables as one of its last bastions of consumer computing.
U.K. police have arrested a man they believe was involved in the denial-of-service attacks directed at PlayStation Network and Xbox Live at end of last year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC