A federal study of 128 U.S. cities revealed that if Americans installed solar panels on every roof, it would supply 1,432 terawatt-hours (trillion watts) of annual energy generation -- 39% of the total power used by the U.S.
Sharp will acquire Recurrent Energy, a U.S. developer of solar energy projects, in a deal that will give the Japanese company a stronger position in the fast-growing solar-power generation business, the companies said Wednesday.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) bought a 20 percent stake of solar cell maker Motech Industries for NT$6.2 billion (US$193 million), the companies said in a joint statement on Wednesday.
Bringing wireless network access to remote work sites like mines and railways is always a challenge so a team of Aussie engineers have thrown a Wi-Fi mesh access point on the back of a custom-built tailor which is powered by the sun.
Sharp is presenting an environmentally friendly way to watch television at this year's IFA electronics show in Berlin.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCTest Lead-Agile, SCRUM, HP QC, JIRA, UX Government backgroundNSW