You wouldn't let your kids walk the streets of Amsterdam's Red Light District, but giving them unrestricted access to the Web is practically the same thing. The problem is, how do you block out all that inappropriate Web content?
Chances are good that if someone walked into your office right now and peeked over your shoulder, they would see a Windows operating system on your computer. But, did you know that you have a choice of something other than Windows for that computer o...
You have to take care of your stuff--all of it. Like your car and your house, your electronic gadgets big and small need to stay clean and protected from accidents.
In response to some recent posts about YouTube, reader Miles wrote me to ask about YouTube "buffeting" (I think he means buffering, unless YouTube has started generating strong winds in his area).
Maybe you didn't get the memo: Tomorrow marks the end of patches for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
Firefox 3.6.6 with crash protection is now available, and according to Mozilla it "provides uninterrupted browsing for Windows and Linux users when there is a crash in the Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins.
So out of the blue today, I click a link embedded in an e-mail, and Outlook gives me this error:
One thing I really don't like about YouTube is those "related video" suggestions that immediately pop up at the end of each clip.
Ever wish you could watch that piano-playing cat at 35,000 feet? Alas, YouTube requires a live Internet connection, and Wi-Fi is still pretty hard to find in the friendly skies.
Yesterday we talked about customizing your YouTube homepage settings -- and protecting your privacy while you're at it.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
- After first week, A.I. system is beating human poker players
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerVIC