Like many Windows 8 users, I spend most of my time using Desktop mode, which affords me a more Windows 7-like experience.
Google Earth users can do more than just fly around a virtual globe. The free mapping application can display real-time weather, help compose photographs and measure distances much more easily than its Maps cousin.
Saving a destination in Google Maps makes it easier to navigate to and also lessens the chance for error when entering or trying to remember an address.
Autocorrect is a boon from the computer gods for anyone engaged in tiny-screen typing, but it's also the bane of every iPhone and iPad user's existence. You can accept the gift and avoid the grief by paying attention to a few details.
Your iPhone and iPad can speak aloud any text you can select. In this video, I'll show you how to enable that feature, and how to type emoji symbols in your text, too.
Jailbreaking--the process that enables you to install unauthorized-by-Apple third-party apps and additional features on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad--has been in a largely dormant state since the release of iOS 6. But it's back again.
Last September, a new thread in Apple Support Communities briefly noted that a user was unable to get his iPhone 5 to pair with other Bluetooth devices. As it turned out, he was not alone. Cut to the present: this thread is now 29 pages long, with se...
Instagram cut ties with Twitter this week, which means your photos will no longer display properly. Here are two workarounds that ensure your Instagram tweets will post unaltered.
For over a decade, installing the latest major version of Mac OS X meant buying a disc and slipping it into your Mac's optical drive. No longer. Mac OS X 10.7--better known as Lion--is available for direct download. In fact, it's available only as a ...
One of the requirements for installing Lion is that you already have Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6) version 10.6.6 or later installed. The main practical reason for this requirement is that Lion is available only via the Mac App Store, and the Mac App ...
With some previous major releases of Mac OS X, upgrading over an existing OS X installation -- for example, installing 10.3 over 10.2 -- entailed some degree of risk, as existing applications, add-ons, and support files could conflict with the new OS...
Want to send someone a photo, screenshot, or other image? If you're a Gmail user, there's only one option: attach the item(s) to the message. That's all well and good, but what if you want to embed an image in the body of the e-mail? Scan the toolbar...
As the iPad ecosystem expands and matures, it becomes easier to leave your laptop behind and accomplish much of your business work on Apple's tablet computer. If you only need to <em>view</em><a href="http://www.macworld.com/product/671497/microsoft_...
QUESTION Speech recognition will no longer load on my Windows 7 PC. Unless I first switch off User Account Control, I get the error message: 'C:\Windows\Speech\Common\sapisvr.exe. A referral was returned from the server'. According to my online resea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tesla cars to have full self-driving gear, but feature disabled for now
- We compared the speakers of a Pixel XL and an iPhone 7
- Apple to announce new Macs at a special event October 27
- This disinfection robot can light the way to cleaner hospitals
- Apple's MacBook Pro 15 is basically a fossil at this point and here's the proof
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW