Oracle's licensing practices have created a "hostile" relationship "filled with deep rooted mistrust" between the vendor and its customers, according to a survey that looked at users' business interactions with the company.
Workday is expanding its move into analytics with a series of specialized, predictive applications designed to help staff in HR and financial management roles retain top workers and make more accurate forecasts.
In the latest example of Microsoft partnering with a major competitor, the company has struck a deal with Dropbox to improve interoperability between Office and Dropbox's cloud storage and file sharing services for consumers and businesses.
Apple has handed the first Mac OS X Yosemite update to developers for testing, and is reportedly asking them to focus on three areas, including Wi-Fi connectivity, which have been problematic for many users.
Dynamics CRM 2015 will ship next month with multiple enhancements, including one literally audible: using Cortana on Windows Phone 8.1 devices, users will be able to talk to the customer relationship management suite.
Looking to expand into a new market, AppDynamics has updated its application monitoring software to provide real-time insights that can be useful for business managers as well as IT staff.
Google has given its Calendar mobile app the biggest makeover since its launch, adding features meant to make it a more intuitive and smart time-management tool.
Paradoxically for a platform intended to automate cloud service deployment, a major obstacle to wider adoption of OpenStack is a lack of qualified staff, speakers and attendees at the OpenStack Summit in Paris said Monday.
Nudging developers towards the open Web, the Mozilla Foundation is customizing a version of its popular Firefox browser that can be used to build Web pages and applications, potentially reducing the number of different tools now required for the job.
Slack, a Cloud startup that's landed some big name clients for its business communications product, has raised $U1S20 million at an eye-popping $US1.12 billion valuation.
Larry Ellison may no longer be CEO of Oracle, but he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Indeed, as executive chairman and CTO, Ellison is now in a position to focus solely on creating new products and services that will cement his legacy as he enters...
Ericsson's Bowser has been resurrected to make up for the lack of a WebRTC-compatible browser on iOS and is now available for download from Apple's App Store.
Apparently caught off guard by strong demand for Xim, a mobile photo-sharing app from its Fuse Labs researchers, a regretful Microsoft has released it globally for Android and Windows Phone, while promising iOS support is due soon.
Finding new sources of oil underground is an expensive and risky undertaking. Now IBM is working with energy company Repsol to look for ways in which new cognitive computing techniques could help reduce the uncertainty and improve production.
An upgraded version of Sencha's Space platform has the potential to bring together desktops, smartphones and tablets, with lower management costs along the way.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z3 review: The no-frills flagship
- 2 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 4 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 5 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Uber suspends Nevada operations, affecting nearly 1,000 jobs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC