In case you needed another reason to uninstall Adobe Flash, we've got one: It can drag down your PC by as much as 80 percent. Yes, 80 percent. So not only is Adobe Flash incredibly unsafe, it's a memory hog. And we've got the numbers to prove it.
Windows may soon support the new time zone announced by the North Korean government on Friday.
With the start of the U.S. professional football season around the corner, Microsoft unveiled the new tech it's going to be providing coaches and fans this season as part of its ongoing partnership with the National Football League.
Amazon Web Services now lets companies run Oracle's database for about 3 cents per hour, while at the same time adding more options for enterprises that want to move high performance workloads to the cloud.
Oracle has included six news versions of Android and new products and services built around the operating system in a proposed supplemental complaint in its dispute over Google's use in the OS of copyrighted Java material.
Data-integration giant Informatica has made itself a private company in a $US5.3 billion deal that includes investments from Microsoft and Salesforce.com.
Having promised developers to be less Windows-centric and more cross platform friendly, Microsoft has released software that helps programmers more easily bridge the divide between Apple applications and Windows applications.
By resorting to unconventional engineering, Facebook saves users in developing countries precious bandwidth while still offering them a close-to-optimal Facebook experience.
The U.K. Cabinet Office has reportedly asked government departments and agencies to try to find ways to end their reliance on Oracle software, but it's not clear that approach will really solve its problems.
Microsoft brought its Sway presentation tool out of beta Wednesday, making it generally available for anyone who wants to create Web-based presentations that automatically reshape themselves to fit different devices.
LibreOffice, the popular open source office suite, received a major update Wednesday with the release of version 5.0, which adds a host of new features and compatibility with Windows 10.
Users of Salesforce's Marketing Cloud on Tuesday gained easier access to Instagram's roughly 300 million users thanks to an integration made possible by a new API.
Microsoft has acquired Incent Games and plans to integrate the Texas startup's FantasySalesTeam sales-gamification software into Dynamics CRM.
Microsoft customers downloaded 14 million copies of the Windows 10 upgrade on the first day of availability, the company said today.
After months of teasing, testing, and technical previews, Windows 10 is finally here, and it's one of the best operating systems Microsoft's ever released. Windows 10 weaves together the best parts of Windows 7 and Windows 8, adds a dash of compellin...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
- Dash cam review: The Thinkware F770 works with your smartphone
- Dash cam review: Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is first-class almost all the way
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC