Mobile and cloud computing are beginning to change the way that developers work at enterprise-level and smaller businesses, according to a report released this week by Forrester Research.
Mozilla this week launched into its new faster-tempo development program for Firefox 5.
Oracle plans to release a large number of security patches for its various software products next week, including six bug-fixes for its flagship database software.
A California software vendor is claiming that Hewlett-Packard officials evaluated its eValid website testing technology, then subsequently stole its intellectual property for use in a rival product released last year, according to a complaint filed i...
Salesforce.com's growth and popularity are undeniable, but startup Active Endpoints is betting that its customers could use a little help getting the most out of the on-demand CRM (customer relationship management) software with a new application cal...
By introducing a Java specification for its own Infinispan data grid technology, open-source software provider Red Hat has generated a lively debate within the ranks of the JCP (Java Community Process) over the best way to add distributed caching to ...
Microsoft's new browser, Internet Explorer 10 (IE10), will not run on Windows Vista, either now in its developer preview form or when the software ships, the company confirmed today.
The US Department of Justice and FBI said today they had filed a civil complaint, executed criminal warrants, and a temporary restraining order as part of what they called the most comprehensive enforcement action ever taken by US authorities to disa...
Microsoft detailed on Wednesday both the planned "Mango" update to its Windows Phone smartphone platform, due this fall with nearly 1,500 new APIs, and development tool improvements to help build applications for the platform.
Microsoft on Tuesday beefed up security in Office 2003 and Office 2007 on Windows by adding a feature that first appeared in the newer Office 2010 last year.
Following Twitter's decision to clamp down on third-party developers -- earlier this year, it now looks like an effort may be afoot within a leading provider of client apps to create a direct competitor to the popular microblogging service.
Microsoft on Wednesday announced 1,500 new developer tools coming in May for the next version of the Windows Phone operating system, code-named Mango, that's due in the fall.
Have you downloaded Internet Explorer 9 yet? Microsoft hasn't even begun to automatically push the latest version of the browser -- released about a month ago -- out to Windows Vista and Windows 7 users, and yet it unveiled the initial Platform Previ...
Jive Software is buying data-mining startup Proximal Labs in a move that will help it derive deeper insights into social-networking data, the companies announced Wednesday. Terms were not disclosed.
Microsoft has started a certification program that identifies consumer mobile handsets best supporting Microsoft Exchange's most crucial management capabilities, the company announced Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- How to use Microsoft Edge, Windows 10's new browser
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT