Amazon.com has promised to provide a "detailed post-mortem" on the root causes of the prolonged outage of its cloud services in recent days. Users of the Amazon services, meanwhile, may also have to explain how they got caught up in the outage.
The latest Appcelerator/IDC mobile survey has uncovered a growing well of frustration among Android developers, with underwhelming tablets, OS fragmentation and multiple app stores cited as the main worries.
Coverity is releasing on Tuesday a code governance offering intended to help software development houses manage code quality.
The servers are back up and users can once again check in on Foursquare and ask questions on Quora, but the legacy of last week's Amazon Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) outage will live on and provide important lessons for businesses as they look to cl...
Nobody expects the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to sell as well as the iPad 2. Still, Research in Motion seemed to take an especially measured approach with its PlayBook launch, which started Tuesday in stores such as Best Buy and Radio Shack.
Google will allow companies to sign up users for its paid <a href="http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/index.html">Apps for Business</a> hosted collaboration and communication suite on a month-to-month basis, without having to commit them to ...
Oracle has subpoenaed scores of Rimini Street customers in connection with its intellectual property suit against the third-party software maintenance provider, but at least one has no interest in complying with its demands.
Lawson Software has agreed to be purchased by an Infor affiliate GGC Software Holdings for roughly $US2 billion, the company announced Tuesday.
The daily deals craze has come to mobile app stores.
While Microsoft has not announced the release date, or even the official name, of its follow-up to Windows 7, an early pre-beta version of the OS has surfaced on the Internet, the second version to appear within a month.
Infor may be about to announce an acquisition of Lawson Software, <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/222076/infors_offer_for_lawson_could_spark_bidding_war.html">about six weeks</a> after news of its US$1.8 billion offer for the E...
You know an industry has reached critical mass when vendors start developing software for it, and that time has come for medical marijuana.
Successful technology startups are usually keen to draw attention to their hot products, not to their internal use of IT. But companies such as Groupon, Box.net, Zendesk and SlideShare can offer CIOs lessons from what they've accomplished with limite...
BOSTON -- Financial services firms are now using social media to get customers involved in online discussion forums, advertise services and monitor what's being said about their businesses.
Coke or Pepsi? Kirk or Picard? Betty or Veronica? The great battles of the marketplace tend to be duels, and few people gripe if you leave out RC, Sisko, or Cheryl Blossom. The "Browser Wars" are no different, with "IE vs. Firefox" having replaced "N...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's mobile apps will get better image capture and OCR via the Office Lens camera app
- Severe vulnerability in Cisco's WebEx extension for Chrome leaves PCs open to easy attack
- Microsoft tries to expel Chromebooks from schools with Intune app and low-cost PCs
- If we show you how to back up your PC for free, will you finally do it?
- How to create Live Tiles for your Steam games in Windows
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT