Google co-founder Sergey Brin said Windows and other traditional PC operating systems are "torturing users" at Google's Chrome OS launch event Wednesday, where the company claimed 75 per cent of business users can be converted from Windows to Chrome ...
Several Google security engineers have countered claims that a French security company found a vulnerability in Chrome that could let attackers hijack Windows PCs running the company's browser.
Microsoft yesterday told Mac Office users it doesn't yet have a fix for a PowerPoint bug that it patched for Windows customers.
I came across an article in InfoWorld about a survey that TheInfoPro conducted among Fortune 1000 firms regarding their use of public cloud storage offerings. The bottom line: they haven't, they aren't, and they won't. 87 per cent of respondents stat...
Google used its I/O conference to introduce Android@Home, a software framework for Android that allows programmers to interact with various connected appliances such as light bulbs, thermostats, washing machines and more.
While Google currently does not see any conflict between its Android vision for tablets and smartphones and its Chrome OS cloud-based laptop vision, a company official acknowledged today that there is potential for such a conflict in the future.
Perhaps it is ironic that the U.S. government antitrust oversight of Microsoft <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/051111-end-of-an-era-microsoft.html">expires</a> on the very same week that Google unveiled its Chromebook.
A U.S. court's antitrust oversight of Microsoft is ending after eight and a half years, with some observers questioning what the long fight accomplished.
Count NetSuite among the growing number of SaaS (software as a service) vendors positioning themselves as providers of not just stand-alone applications, but also a rich development stack that partners and customers can use to integrate with and exte...
Motorola on Wednesday said users of its Xoom tablets on Verizon will be the first to get the new Android 3.1 update and the first to be able to rent movies from the Android Market.
Samsung and Acer will begin selling notebook PCs running Google's Chrome OS in June, as Google presses ahead with its project to position this new operating system designed specifically for Web applications as a viable option for consumers and busine...
From the Web's early days, companies have struggled to make their sites faster, but the problem remains a thorny one, with new challenges emerging regularly as technology advances.
Canonical has switched its cloud software stack to the open-source OpenStack, the company announced Tuesday. The current version of its Ubuntu Server, version 11.04, uses the Eucalyptus platform.
Open-source collaboration platform provider Open-Xchange has a released Mobile Web App, which gives smartphone users online and offline access to appointments, e-mails and contacts while on the road, the company said on Tuesday.
Adobe's Photoshop companion apps for Apple's iPad are now available in the App Store. The three apps, Color Lava, Eazel and Nav, were first announced last month and follow an update for Adobe Photoshop CS5, which is required in order to use the compa...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTMid Level Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- TPTechnical WriterACT