When Google Apps arrived in 2006, it stood on the cutting edge of Web-hosted email and collaboration suites for businesses, a bold pioneer clearing a path in the new, wild frontier of enterprise Cloud computing.
Calendars 5 for iPhone and iPad (App Store link), currently at version 5.2, is a very good upgrade to Readdle's venerable Calendars+ app. Though released prior to iOS 7, the new $7 app fits right in with the newest version of iOS.
Microsoft's Windows 8.1, the "do-over" operating system that Microsoft hopes will win back its fan base, is finally here.
Apple has worked hard over the last few years to turn the iPhone into the world's most widely-used camera by iterating through an increasingly sophisticated combination of hardware and software. This tradition continues with the iPhone 5s, which feat...
Last week's OpenWorld conference made on thing clear: Oracle remains committed to its next-generation Fusion Applications but massive growth in the product line is probably not around the corner.
The iPhone 5s introduces a new Slo-Mo camera mode, in which you can create videos that seamlessly slide from normal video to super-smooth slow-motion action and back again.
Oracle's annual OpenWorld conference is less than a week away, and as usual the vendor is expected to make a slew of new product and strategy announcements.
iOS 7 is a dramatic re-invention of Apple's mobile software that goes beyond mere additions and enhancements. Apple is changing the very look of iOS itself.
Much of what Apple offers enterprise workers and their IT departments in the new iPhone 5S and 5C comes by virtue of its new iOS 7, first announced in June.
If you're anything like me, you probably have hundreds--if not thousands--of photos on your phone. Getting those photos off your phone isn't always entirely obvious, but you have a number of options at your disposal.
Salesforce.com's second-quarter earnings conference call featured the usual dose of chest-thumping by CEO Marc Benioff as the company posted US$957 million in revenue and raised its full fiscal year forecast to at least $4 billion.
Apple's new iOS 7 software for iPhone, iPad and iPod devices hasn't officially been released yet, though it's expected to arrive sometime in September. If you can't wait until then, it's possible to install a beta version of iOS 7 on your device.
Microsoft's Lync has evolved into a serious unified communications competitor for enterprises looking to upgrade or adopt a UC platform. In a crowded field where players still struggle with interoperability issues, Lync's integration with Skype is a ...
This year's Oracle OpenWorld conference is still a couple of months away, but the vendor has already provided an ample sneak peek into what's in store for attendees of the show.
For parents and others handing iOS devices over to kids, it might be wisest to lock down certain features so that children don't stumble across things they shouldn't, or accidentally wreak havoc upon your own device. Here's how.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- 'Less' means more to malware authors targeting Linux users
- UK plans to introduce new Web snooping law
- NXP opens wallet to build wearables with better battery life
- Apple iPad Mini 3 review: Paying top dollar for yesterday's tech
- Report: Samsung's head of TVs may be asked to revitalize mobile business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW