For years, using voice recognition technology on phones or other devices has been a novelty -- something people try once but never again, usually because it works so poorly. But recent developments, including harnessing the computational power of the...
My holiday gift giving season started early Thursday morning when the UPS guy pounded on my door and handed me a package. Inside was a notebook -- Google's much-discussed cloud-based Cr-48 Chrome OS laptop, which was announced by the company on Tuesd...
For all the launch fanfare, it sounds like Call of Duty Black Ops may be suffering from Fallout New Vegas syndrome. Scan the PC version's official forums on Steam and instead of euphoric posts about the game's ballistic brilliance, you're confronted ...
It's official: I can no longer think of a single person I know (unless, of course, you count my two-year-old) who doesn't have more work on their to-do list than any human being can reasonably be expected to handle. If you're like everyone I know, ch...
Perhaps you've heard that the Apple Mac OS X operating system is simply more secure by design and not prone to the security flaws and vulnerabilities that plague the dominant Microsoft Windows operating system? Well, don't believe the hype. Apple unl...
Were it not for Windows' long-standing installed base and overwhelming market dominance, it seems unlikely that anyone would argue seriously for the merit of the operating system, plagued as it is by high prices, security problems and vendor lock-in.
Google on Monday announced that it will introduce versions of Google Docs for tablets running both the Android and Apple iOS4 mobile operating systems.
One of the best ways to see what's changed with the ninth and newest version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer is to tune into beautyoftheweb.com and watch the words, images, and DIVs bounce around, luring the world into pretty images and information...
Google TV's planned fall launch is not news, but given that Google hasn't said much about its television plans since May, it's time for a refresher. Here's a quick rundown of everything to know about Google TV as anticipation grows for the imminent l...
Hardly a week goes by without some fresh evidence of Android's growing success.
Have you checked your work e-mailtoday? If you're like most employees in the United States and United Kingdom, the answer is yes despite the fact that it is not only the weekend, but an extended holiday weekend for most workers in the US. A day off i...
Autodesk announced that it is bringing AutoCAD back to the Mac, and also adding AutoCAD apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.
Some people just don't like change. Less than a week after Digg released version 4 of its social news-sharing site, fans have rebelled, flooding Digg with links from a rival sharing site, staging a "Quit Digg Day," and prophesying a major drop-off in...
Google's patching of vulnerabilities in its open source Chrome Web browser last week wasn't so much notable in itself; Microsoft, to be sure, is forever issuing patches for the many bugs that afflict its products.
Manga Browser is exactly what its name implies: a manga browser. While this app is a fan favorite of those who love their manga, this application's Achilles' heel is its reliance on online databases that have an unfortunate habit of being taken down ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCProject AdvisorNSW