Sprint says it will have live LTE sites using former Clearwire spectrum across the U.S. next year and expects all its new mobile devices in 2014 to be equipped for those frequencies -- though not necessarily iPhones.
SoftBank's net sales increased by over 21 percent in the second quarter as the company saw handset sales and subscriber numbers increase.
As the dust settles after SoftBank's US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint, losing bidder Dish Network may be just getting started at stirring up the U.S. mobile industry.
SoftBank completed its US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint Nextel on Wednesday, capping a months-long effort that was complicated by two bidding wars and some national-security objections but is expected to produce a stronger rival to the dominant ...
Clearwire shareholders approved Sprint Nextel's takeover of their company on Monday, ending a saga that had included years of uncertainty and finally a bidding war for the spectrum-rich wireless network operator.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved the $21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint by Japanese telecommunications group Softbank, saying it promises to bring consumers faster and more advanced wireless broadband Internet service.
Dish Network has dropped its offer to buy Clearwire, probably clearing the path for a strengthened Sprint Nextel to complete its takeover of the struggling but spectrum-rich mobile operator.
Sprint Nextel shareholders have voted overwhelmingly to approve SoftBank's US$21.6 billion takeover bid, setting the stage for the deal to close early next month.
Sprint Nextel has offered and Clearwire has accepted a bid of US$5 per share for the struggling wireless network provider, raising the stakes yet again in an expensive bidding war between Sprint and satellite service provider Dish Network.
Dish Network won't try to beat SoftBank's US$21.6 billion bid for Sprint Nextel, apparently clearing the way for the Japanese service provider to buy Sprint.
Clearwire's board of directors has unanimously recommended its shareholders reject the takeover bid by Sprint Nextel, which owns roughly half of Clearwire, and instead accept a buyout offer from Dish Network.
SoftBank has sweetened its bid for Sprint Nextel, increasing its total offer to about US$21.6 billion and boosting the amount of cash Sprint shareholders would get.
The U.S. Department of Justice said Friday it has no objection to Softbank acquiring Sprint Nextel, a decision that clears the way for the Federal Communications Commission to rule on the deal.
Dish Network has boosted its bid for Clearwire to US$4.40 per share, 29 percent above Sprint Nextel's most recent offer, and said it is prepared to buy up the stock of a minority of shareholders.
Government panel the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) has given its approval for Japanese mobile carrier SoftBank to acquire a majority stake in Sprint Nextel in a US$20 billion deal.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC