The most striking thing about Sprint's upcoming Aquos Crystal smartphone only becomes clear when you turn its camera on.
Throughout Japan, an army of workers stands ready to ensure important messages are delivered as quickly as possible. But they don't work in data centers maintaining email servers. They deliver telegrams.
Japanese mobile carrier SoftBank saw its profit dwindle dramatically in the April to June quarter as customer growth slowed.
Marcelo Claure, Sprint's incoming CEO, knows how to corner a market and make billions doing behind-the-scenes tasks that are pretty unglamorous -- except when he's on stage with J. Lo.
Mobile carrier Sprint faces an uncertain future after announcing it is replacing long-time CEO Dan Hesse and reportedly abandoning its bid to by competitor T-Mobile USA.
French carrier Iliad's surprise unsolicited bid for T-Mobile US may be good news for everyone but Sprint.
If you're on the lookout for the personal robot of your dreams, the cute French robot Nao just got a performance boost.
If the thought of a humanoid robot in your home makes your skin crawl, meet the friendly Pepper.
Deutsche Telekom has agreed to an offer for Japanese mobile and broadband company SoftBank to buy T-Mobile USA, according to a news report.
Japanese mobile carrier Softbank posted solid earnings for the year to March 31 on Wednesday, with net profit up 34 percent.
The CEO of Japan's SoftBank mobile carrier promised to bring stiff price and speed competition to the U.S., saying he feels an obligation to improve slow speeds and drive down prices.
The fledgling Tizen smartphone OS has managed to attract 15 new backers, three of which are big name brands in Asia, including the Chinese search giant Baidu, handset maker ZTE, and Japanese mobile operator SoftBank Mobile.
Japanese conglomerate SoftBank and German carrier Deutsche Telekom are close to a deal that would merge T-Mobile US with Sprint, eliminating one of the four major mobile competitors in the U.S., according to the Nikkei news agency.
Fresh from its acquisition of Sprint, Japan's SoftBank plans to take control of Brightstar, the dominant distributor of mobile devices in the U.S. and a global player serving more than 200 carriers.
Japanese carrier SoftBank and gaming company GungHo Online Entertainment are investing US$1.5 billion for a 51 percent stake in Finnish game developer Softcell, highlighting how hot this sector has become.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Process Analyst, FinanceNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW