Google has agreed to settle a complaint from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission charging the company with using deceptive tactics and violating its own privacy promises to consumers when it launched its social network, Google Buzz.
The game of musical chairs continues at Twitter, where co-founder and former CEO Evan Williams will step down as product development leader, a role that will be taken over by Jack Dorsey, another co-founder who had distanced himself from the company'...
Microsoft has expanded Bing's social search capabilities, displaying real-time Twitter messages on Bing's News section and simplifying the sharing of Bing entertainment content on Facebook.
A Web search box some users are seeing on their Facebook interface wasn't inserted by Facebook and could be the result of malware or a rogue browser plug-in or application.
While Facebook users have been posting questions and providing answers to their friends on a variety of topics for years, the company is now rolling out a new feature specifically designed for this type of exchange.
Yet another reason to take extra precautions while browsing Facebook arose today as reports surfaced that traffic destined for Facebook from AT&T's servers took a misguided loop through China and South Korea this week.
Share, save and savor all things social with these nine free Google Android apps, hand-picked by CIO.com's mobile maestro, Al Sacco.
My colleague, Bill Brenner, has a t-shirt he likes to wear that basically says social networking feeds the darker sides of human nature. The shirt is a parody of a Venn Diagram and shows the relationship between sites like Facebook and Twitter to wha...
Facebook is bucking the trend toward server virtualization and is interested in microservers for inexpensive growth and quick failover, the company's lab director said Tuesday.
Twitter has been a lifeline for Westerners both inside and outside of Japan as they try to keep up with fast-moving events following Friday's massive earthquake and the tsunami that followed.
LinkedIn has launched a beta product called "LinkedIn Today" -- a social news service that aggregates the top headlines and stories related to your industry and based on what your connections share.
A slopeside location-based social networking service came to five ski resorts this season, allowing skiers and boarders to track their Vail Resorts vertical feet, earn virtual ski pins and connect with friends. Called <a href="http://www.snow.com/epi...
I was pleasantly surprised during an online presentation about Salesforce.com's Service Cloud 3. At first glance, it looks like a simple and powerful customer relationship management (CRM) tool that takes advantage of social networking to help connec...
Facebook recently announced a messaging product that promises seamless messaging, conversation history and a social in-box, nothing short of a new way to communicate, regardless of the channel —SMS, e-mail, IM or chat. The Social Inbox will only cont...
Recent online calls for mass protests have sent the Chinese government on the defensive, and while experts say the online activity probably won't lead to outright revolution, it could force China's leadership to be more responsive to social problems ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCApplication Senior Project ManagerACT
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCMid level Business AnalystQLD
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTSystem Engineer l Applications & SOE PackagersNSW
- CCQuality Assurance LeadNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCSiebel Technical Integration SpecialistACT
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- TPSenior IT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW