South by Southwest Interactive is best known as the technology festival that put such social networking mainstays as Twitter and Foursquare on the map. But if there was a "next big thing" at this year's event, finding it would be pretty hard.
South by Southwest Interactive is such a massive technology conference with so much activity and many ideas being thrown around at once that it can be hard to give an overall feel for the Austin, Texas, extravaganza using just words.
At 2:46 Monday afternoon, Japan went quiet.
Facebook unveils a radically new design for news feed, which includes new streams for photos, news, music and more.
Could anonymous chat be the next big thing? At this year's South by Southwest Interactive, the place that helped put Twitter and FourSquare on the map, a fledgling app for anonymous chatting is gaining some traction.
Facebook's Graph Search could be a powerful tool for steering people toward products and services on the social networking site, and marketers are starting to wrestle with the impact it may have on their brands.
Brooklyn-based Sprezzat wants to modernize caller ID for people's smartphones with a little help from Twitter and Facebook.
Millions around the world begin their online day by checking out Facebook's News Feed. But what they see there is about to change. Facebook announced a major overhaul to the News Feed feature at a much-hyped press event at the social networking giant...
This year's South by Southwest Interactive will play host to tech trends in areas as diverse as gaming, artificial intelligence, 3D printing and social networking, but whether the next Twitter will emerge at the conference is harder to say.
Facebook is giving its billion users a completely new way to look at its site.
Professional social networking service LinkedIn won the dismissal of a lawsuit seeking damages on behalf of premium users who had their log-in passwords exposed as a result of a security breach of the company's servers last year.
Opinions expressed on Twitter differ from public opinion measured by surveys on key political events and policy issues, reflecting that users of the Internet service are demographically very different from the public, according to a study by Pew Rese...
Twitter will end support for TweetDeck on the iPhone and Android in order to focus solely on browser-based versions for those platforms. And it is also apparently dumping Facebook.
Facebook is working to set the record straight following a report suggesting that the site is gaming its News Feed so that people who pay to promote their posts will get more interaction from users than those who don't.
After spending the past six months talking about prioritizing its business around mobile platforms, Facebook says it's time to get down to business.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- CCSAP ISU Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA