South by Southwest Interactive is best known as the technology festival that put such social networking mainstays as Twitter and Foursquare on the map. But if there was a "next big thing" at this year's event, finding it would be pretty hard.
South by Southwest Interactive is such a massive technology conference with so much activity and many ideas being thrown around at once that it can be hard to give an overall feel for the Austin, Texas, extravaganza using just words.
At 2:46 Monday afternoon, Japan went quiet.
Facebook unveils a radically new design for news feed, which includes new streams for photos, news, music and more.
Could anonymous chat be the next big thing? At this year's South by Southwest Interactive, the place that helped put Twitter and FourSquare on the map, a fledgling app for anonymous chatting is gaining some traction.
Facebook's Graph Search could be a powerful tool for steering people toward products and services on the social networking site, and marketers are starting to wrestle with the impact it may have on their brands.
Brooklyn-based Sprezzat wants to modernize caller ID for people's smartphones with a little help from Twitter and Facebook.
Millions around the world begin their online day by checking out Facebook's News Feed. But what they see there is about to change. Facebook announced a major overhaul to the News Feed feature at a much-hyped press event at the social networking giant...
This year's South by Southwest Interactive will play host to tech trends in areas as diverse as gaming, artificial intelligence, 3D printing and social networking, but whether the next Twitter will emerge at the conference is harder to say.
Facebook is giving its billion users a completely new way to look at its site.
Professional social networking service LinkedIn won the dismissal of a lawsuit seeking damages on behalf of premium users who had their log-in passwords exposed as a result of a security breach of the company's servers last year.
Opinions expressed on Twitter differ from public opinion measured by surveys on key political events and policy issues, reflecting that users of the Internet service are demographically very different from the public, according to a study by Pew Rese...
Twitter will end support for TweetDeck on the iPhone and Android in order to focus solely on browser-based versions for those platforms. And it is also apparently dumping Facebook.
Facebook is working to set the record straight following a report suggesting that the site is gaming its News Feed so that people who pay to promote their posts will get more interaction from users than those who don't.
After spending the past six months talking about prioritizing its business around mobile platforms, Facebook says it's time to get down to business.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant Applications & ServersQLD
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCTesting and Support Services ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst -permanent opportunityVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW