Facebook is retooling its ranking system to make some news articles appear more prominently at the expense of other content such as certain photos, the company announced Monday.
China's recent crackdown on online rumors may have quieted the nation's social networking websites, but local authorities take that as a sign of progress and want to regulate the Internet even more.
Call it a work in progress. YouTube is now trying to stanch the increased flow of spam on its site, just weeks after a new system was employed to clean it up, the company recently said.
Yahoo has been hiring hotshot journalists to boost its news cred, and Monday's addition of Katie Couric could help with the company's efforts to reinvigorate itself. But it has to get the content just right.
Twitter has implemented new security measures that should make it much more difficult for anyone to eavesdrop on communications between its servers and users, and is calling on other Internet companies to follow its lead.
Instagram is now available for Windows phones, some three years after the photo-sharing app's launch, the company announced Wednesday.
Pinterest is tweaking its service on the Web and mobile to make it easier for users to plan trips and locate their content with a new mapping product.
Discriminatory language is as pervasive on sites like Facebook and Twitter as it was a couple of years ago, but fewer teens and young adults seem to be OK with that, a recent survey found.
Users of Twitter's mobile apps have some new ways to refine their search results, now with filters for photos, videos, news and people.
LinkedIn users will soon have access to a wider range of professionally curated content on the site through a new publishing tool available to businesses.
Facebook on Friday moved ahead with some proposed changes to its privacy policies to clarify that users' posts on the site can be used in advertisements, but that users have controls to limit their appearance.
Google has acknowledged that the best time to be on your computer might not be while you're driving.
China is moving to tighten its grip over social networking services even more, citing possible threats to stability.
People using the transportation apps Lyft and Sidecar in California will no longer be able to skimp on their fares, now that both apps have ditched their donation model.
Google Play Music, a rival option to streaming services like Spotify and Rdio, is now available for iOS, six months after launching on the web and Android-based devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Samsung isn't giving up on Android Wear, it's just not making any new Android Wear watches
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Services SpecialistACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCLead Business Analyst - multiple rolesVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA