Facebook on Wednesday announced a set of new restrictions designed to curb the illegal sale of guns and other restricted items on its site, a phenomenon that had become vexing problem for the social network.
Facebook's grand scheme to bring Internet access to underserved parts of the world could soon get off the ground, literally, with drones flying high overhead.
Meetup's website remained offline Monday, the victim of a massive DDoS attack, which began last week with an email asking the company's CEO to cough up US$300, or else.
The information management system known as the web turns 25 this year. Its birthday, however, may not be celebrated by everyone.
Breather, a startup offering a mobile app that lets users rent private rooms on demand, is looking to break ground in New York City.
Sina Weibo, China's answer to Twitter, conceded Tuesday that user growth has been slowing. The social networking platform, however, dispelled reports that the company was seeing its user base decline as a result of a government crackdown on online ru...
WhatsApp's voice calling service, planned for later this year to augment its hot text-message offering, could yield an influx of customers and strengthen the service's already firm standing in mobile messaging.
If Marc Zuckerberg has his way, Facebook will become the "on ramp" for the two-thirds of the world's population not yet connected to the Internet.
What will happen to your Facebook account when you die? Facebook has been giving it some thought, and it's come up with what it hopes is a better way to deal with a sensitive issue.
LinkedIn users who'd rather not receive job inquiries or other messages, or allow access to their profiles from certain other members, can now block them.
Sidecar is testing a feature to show the "trending" destinations of the ride-sharing apps' users.
When's the last time you replied, promptly, to a message sent through Facebook? Aren't sure? Well Facebook, craving more real-time usage of its service, hopes to change that.
What's the etiquette for using Google Glass in public? The answers aren't always obvious, so Google has provided some tips.
Facebook, in a move that acknowledges real social issues around gender identity, has updated its site to give people more ways to express their gender.
If you think Yahoo has given up on search, think again. The company may have handed its back-end search operations to Microsoft, but Marissa Mayer thinks there's work to be done on mobile devices, particularly around contextual search.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- TPTechnical Specialist, Identity and Acess ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Wealth ManagementNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCExecutive AssistantVIC