Whether it is on the phone, online or in person, here are ten lies hackers, phishers and social engineers will tell you to get what they want
When it comes to social engineering attacks, larger companies attract more of them, and when they are victimized it costs more per incident, according to a survey sponsored by Check Point.
The latest social engineering trick to get victims to open malicious email attachments accuses them of being spammers and threatens to sue them if they don't stop.
In the last three months of 2010 attackers managed to serve 3 million malicious advertising, or malvertising, impressions every day. That's the headline figure from a report released today from Web security firm Dasient. According to Dasient, that's ...
Of the 135 people Fortune 500 employees targeted by social engineering hackers in a recent contest only five of them refused to give up any corporate information whatsoever. And guess what? All five were women.
A few companies in the Fortune 500 need to upgrade their Web browsers. And while they're at it, a little in-house training on social engineering wouldn't be a bad idea, either.
Like many other Facebook users Jeff Crites heard of the US$1,000 Best Buy gift-card offer last month from a friend, a Web savvy director of social media at a Fortune 500 company.
The latest phishing attack on Twitter users swept the U.K. overnight claiming several prominent users.
For the second time this year, a hacker has gained administrative access to a Twitter employee's account.
Facebook users were hit Wednesday with a phishing attack that tried to steal names and passwords from users of the popular social network.
A 23-year-old Romanian man has become the first foreigner to be convicted by a U.S. court for phishing.
Latest News Articles
- Brother MFC-J6920DW multifunction centre
- Vodafone now selling 4G-enabled Samsung Galaxy Ace 3
- Telstra now selling Samsung's new Galaxy Note 10.1
- Xbox One sets Aussie sales record
- Google launches white Nexus 7, but not for Australia
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
- 2 Aldi's new budget 8in Android tablet has 3G, makes phone calls
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
- 5 Aldi's new budget Android smartphone isn't very good value
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- TabletsView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »