Even the most savvy IT professionals can fall victim to social engineering attacks. Here’s how to recognize these threats and avoid falling prey to them.
Whether it is on the phone, online or in person, here are ten lies hackers, phishers and social engineers will tell you to get what they want
When it comes to social engineering attacks, larger companies attract more of them, and when they are victimized it costs more per incident, according to a survey sponsored by Check Point.
The latest social engineering trick to get victims to open malicious email attachments accuses them of being spammers and threatens to sue them if they don't stop.
In the last three months of 2010 attackers managed to serve 3 million malicious advertising, or malvertising, impressions every day. That's the headline figure from a report released today from Web security firm Dasient. According to Dasient, that's ...
Of the 135 people Fortune 500 employees targeted by social engineering hackers in a recent contest only five of them refused to give up any corporate information whatsoever. And guess what? All five were women.
A few companies in the Fortune 500 need to upgrade their Web browsers. And while they're at it, a little in-house training on social engineering wouldn't be a bad idea, either.
Like many other Facebook users Jeff Crites heard of the US$1,000 Best Buy gift-card offer last month from a friend, a Web savvy director of social media at a Fortune 500 company.
The latest phishing attack on Twitter users swept the U.K. overnight claiming several prominent users.
For the second time this year, a hacker has gained administrative access to a Twitter employee's account.
Facebook users were hit Wednesday with a phishing attack that tried to steal names and passwords from users of the popular social network.
A 23-year-old Romanian man has become the first foreigner to be convicted by a U.S. court for phishing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Israeli startup says its new software would have prevented Tesla hack
- Microsoft moves Cortana and Bing into Microsoft Research to accelerate new features
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC