A group of scientists have warned that 3D printers can harm humans if they're not set up in the right environment, just a week after the first 3D printer was introduced to the high street.
Microsoft's popular free antivirus program Security Essentials has put in a mediocre showing in the latest quarterly tests from German test outfit AV-Test.org, finishing second bottom out of 22 products.
Security vendor Fortinet has hit back against tests by NSS Labs that showed one of its high-end firewalls along with products from other vendors could be hacked using a 'TCP split handshake attack'.
Google and MYOB have teamed up to launch a new service designed to help local businesses get online with a free website, domain name and $75 worth of advertising credits.
Google has joined Yahoo, software site Tucows and filtering firm Cloudmark in signing up to use Return Path's now formally launched Domain Assurance service which the company claims will turn the screw on phishing and brand-hijacking spam.
Seagate has announced a new network attached storage (NAS) drive for the 'Terabyte home', the GoFlex Home.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW