Eight years since its debut, Apple's iPhone has changed and conquered the smartphone market. Here are some interesting facts you might not know about the iPhone.
Windows Phone isn't going away.
Apple sells about 20 percent of the world's smartphones and makes 92 percent of the industry's profit, a staggering imbalance that reflects the premium prices Cupertino can ask for its phones compared to competitors like HTC and Samsung.
The FCC's radiation standards for your smartphone date back to the 1990s. But that's OK. You use a belt clip, don't you?
A few well-regarded flagship devices, a focused core experience, a vibrant app ecosystem, and a belief in the quality of its own products: Apple lives and breathes these things, and has achieved massive profitability in the phone space as a result. A...
Microsoft today wrote off billions of dollars related to its Nokia acquisition, saying it's taking an "impairment charge" of US$7.6 billion, or nearly the full amount it paid for the Finnish firm's smartphone business and patents last year.
Microsoft is scaling down its mobile phone activities, writing off the entire value of the former Nokia smartphone business it bought last year and laying off almost one-third of that business' staff.
Microsoft plans a new round of layoffs that could affect its hardware and smartphones businesses, besides other parts of the company, according to a newspaper report.
A federal court in Texas has ordered a new trial on damages in a patent infringement dispute between Apple and Smartflash that could modify an earlier US$533 million damages award to the patent-licensing company.
Samsung Electronics expects to report lower than expected earnings for the second quarter after supply shortages kept down sales of its Galaxy S6 smartphone.
Microsoft's Office apps are finally available for Android smartphones and tablets. Here’s how they stack up against past favorites
I feel a combination of amazement, confusion and dread, which I should really just start calling the "Apple Triad" of emotions. This week, the latest in Apple's quest to rule all it surveys and pave the road to conquest with oblong, rectangular handh...
If you're planning to buy a new smartphone this year, but haven't bought one yet it might be better to wait a bit longer: Apple, Samsung Electronics and OnePlus are all expected to launch new models in the next couple of months.
A consumer protection group in China is suing Samsung Electronics and a Chinese vendor for placing too many preinstalled apps on phones, and is demanding that the whole smartphone industry eschew bloatware.
Chinese smartphone vendor Xiaomi has hopes of selling at least 80 million smartphones this year, but that goal may harder to reach than originally thought.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS ASP.NET/SQL) 160714/AP/265Asia
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW