Eight years since its debut, Apple's iPhone has changed and conquered the smartphone market. Here are some interesting facts you might not know about the iPhone.
Windows Phone isn't going away.
Apple sells about 20 percent of the world's smartphones and makes 92 percent of the industry's profit, a staggering imbalance that reflects the premium prices Cupertino can ask for its phones compared to competitors like HTC and Samsung.
The FCC's radiation standards for your smartphone date back to the 1990s. But that's OK. You use a belt clip, don't you?
A few well-regarded flagship devices, a focused core experience, a vibrant app ecosystem, and a belief in the quality of its own products: Apple lives and breathes these things, and has achieved massive profitability in the phone space as a result. A...
Microsoft today wrote off billions of dollars related to its Nokia acquisition, saying it's taking an "impairment charge" of US$7.6 billion, or nearly the full amount it paid for the Finnish firm's smartphone business and patents last year.
Microsoft is scaling down its mobile phone activities, writing off the entire value of the former Nokia smartphone business it bought last year and laying off almost one-third of that business' staff.
Microsoft plans a new round of layoffs that could affect its hardware and smartphones businesses, besides other parts of the company, according to a newspaper report.
A federal court in Texas has ordered a new trial on damages in a patent infringement dispute between Apple and Smartflash that could modify an earlier US$533 million damages award to the patent-licensing company.
Samsung Electronics expects to report lower than expected earnings for the second quarter after supply shortages kept down sales of its Galaxy S6 smartphone.
Microsoft's Office apps are finally available for Android smartphones and tablets. Here’s how they stack up against past favorites
I feel a combination of amazement, confusion and dread, which I should really just start calling the "Apple Triad" of emotions. This week, the latest in Apple's quest to rule all it surveys and pave the road to conquest with oblong, rectangular handh...
If you're planning to buy a new smartphone this year, but haven't bought one yet it might be better to wait a bit longer: Apple, Samsung Electronics and OnePlus are all expected to launch new models in the next couple of months.
A consumer protection group in China is suing Samsung Electronics and a Chinese vendor for placing too many preinstalled apps on phones, and is demanding that the whole smartphone industry eschew bloatware.
Chinese smartphone vendor Xiaomi has hopes of selling at least 80 million smartphones this year, but that goal may harder to reach than originally thought.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.Net/Crystal Report) 160504/AP/vtdAsia
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSAP HR & Payroll consultant - July STARTACT
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW