In the middle of groundbreaking announcements from the likes of Microsoft, Nokia and Samsung, LG has so far been fairly quiet at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Chip designer Arm this week showed its first processor made using the advanced 28-nanometer manufacturing process, which should improve battery life and functionality in future smartphones.
At the company's Mobile World Congress press conference, Microsoft unveiled the many features Windows 7 will be bringing to mobile phones in the coming months. Along with music, video, and Microsoft Office features, a new mobile gaming service was re...
Today's smartphones are too much of a handful, according to Israeli company Else: You either need to grab them with both hands and punch away at the keyboard with your thumbs, or you hold them with one hand and touch the screen with the other.
Puma's first phone, logically named the Puma Phone, comes with a number of sports-related features, including applications for runners and cyclists that let them keep track of speed, distance and pace, the company said on Tuesday at the Mobile World ...
Toshiba's update on its TG01 multimedia smartphone has made a quiet debut at this week's Mobile World Congress show in Barcelona.
Telstra has announced it will be selling HTC's latest Android smartphone, the HTC Desire, in Australia.
Adobe on Monday introduced the Flash Player 10.1 and AIR platform for the Google Android mobile operating system. With this announcement, Adobe plans to present the AIR platform as a tool for building mobile apps that run on multiple phone platforms.
At the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Microsoft revealed the first major details for the first line of Windows 7-compatible phones, including games and Xbox Live compatibility.
Nokia and Intel have become allies in a new clash of the operating systems with the joint creation of the MeeGo. MeeGo is an operating system that blurs the line between a robust mobile phone OS and a lightweight netbook OS.
Sony Ericsson's XPERIA X10 smartphone, the company's first handset to run Google's Android operating system, was announced well before Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. However, for many people MWC was the first chance to get some one on one time w...
In a day and age of high tech, touch screen smartphones with extra large displays designed for multimedia and Internet consumption, a handset the size of a credit card seems so 1999. Sony Ericsson doesn’t seem to think so though, as it has just unwra...
Samsung's GT-S8500 Wave at Mobile World Congress
High Tech Computer (HTC), the world's biggest maker of smartphones running Microsoft's Windows Mobile operating system (OS) and Google's Android mobile OS, plans to launch its first smartphone with Microsoft's latest offering, Windows Phone 7, in the...
Both Qualcomm and ST-Ericsson are demonstrating at Mobile World Congress concept smartphones that can connect to and play HD content on TVs.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- FTChange & Release AdministratorACT
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD