Palm today announced that the webOS software development kit is available for any and all developers, sooner than expected.
Since the Palm Pre launched on June 6, it has been hailed with exaggerated exuberance as an iPhone killer and reviled for pesky hardware problems.
Google Voice is now available via BlackBerry and Android smartphones, Google announced today.
The latest iTunes update, version 8.2.1, may offer up a few bug fixes, but its real purpose is to prevent the Palm Pre from syncing with iTunes. The move isn't a surprise. Last month, Apple warned that future versions of iTunes probably wouldn't sup...
Dell plans to enter the consumer and small and medium-sized business (SMB) smartphone market by working with several major carriers globally, Dell officials told analysts Tuesday, without divulging many details, including timing.
Social networks such as Facebook and Twitter are responsible for the growth in the use of the mobile web, says CCS Insight.
If you have an HTC smartphone running Windows Mobile 6 or Windows Mobile 6.1, you may want to think twice before connecting to an untrusted device using Bluetooth. A vulnerability in an HTC driver installed on these phones can allow an attacker to ac...
The iPhone subsidy AT&T pays for each device totals about US$300 and is expected by some analysts to take a toll on the carrier's quarterly finances when they're reported next week.
Two years after the Apple iPhone's debut, a longtime insurer of electronic gear is finally offering insurance for it.
It's no secret that iTunes' App Store has proven wildly successful--so much so that Apple's smartphone competitors are scrambling to duplicate the concept. But just to drive the point home, Apple today announced that its customers have downloaded mor...
LG is the latest in a long-line of mobile phone manufacturers to launch its own app store.
Another week, and yet another iPhone issue. Only this time, it's not overheating. Some users are reporting that the battery life on their brand new iPhone 3GS is not as long as they expected. And this time, it doesn't look like it's a hardware proble...
While Google Chrome OS is the hottest news right now, Google's Android OS is still revving to invade the smartphone market. At the T-Mobile myTouch 3G launch event in New York City this morning, T-Mobile execs announced that the T-Mobile myTouch 3G i...
Telstra has launched six new Next G mobile phones, including a world-first -- the LG GM730f -- and a low-end phone targeted at social network users, the LG Xenon.
The Opera Mini browser will soon have widespread distribution on mobile handsets in the U.S., according to the company's chief executive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW