The Nexus is raising quite the ruckus. From the squabble over the device's name to complaints over poor 3G performance and subpar support, Google's first foray into phone sales is taking some unfortunate twists.
The Google Nexus One, Motorola Droid, and the iPhone have been put to the test to find out which smartphone has a better touchscreen. But despite overall more capable hardware, the iPhone still has a better display, it has been revealed in a recent t...
Nokia CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo called on smartphone application developers to turn their attention to emerging countries, highlighting the vast business potential in these markets and the opportunity to improve the lives of the billions of people liv...
Symbian Foundation, responsible for development of the Symbian mobile OS, is readying its Symbian^3 and Symbian^4 versions of the platform, with version 3 likely to be feature-complete next month, a Symbian blogger said this week.
Microsoft doesn't have a business model problem in the mobile market, but its phones are skewed toward business users at the expense of consumers and are not as modern as they need to be, Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's entertainment and device...
While augmented reality apps have been positioned as the "new hotness" on smartphones for a while now, there have been very few games that blend all of the requisite parts of the technology to make something fun. Shadowforce seems to be onto somethin...
Google support forums are awash with people looking for help for problems with their Nexus One phones -- and unable to find it.
Apple may not see a need to add support for Adobe Systems' Flash multimedia software to a smartphone, but other handset makers do and plan to release software updates soon.
Android developers are grumbling about Google's delay in releasing software development kits for new versions of the mobile operating system.
Google's Nexus One, built by Taiwan's HTC, offers much of what one expects in a high-end 3G smartphone. Yet is it enough, and good enough, to give the iPhone 3GS a run for the money? Initial reviews like its design, speed and integration with the Web...
Motorola will introduce more Android handsets as the company aims to offer an array of devices based on the mobile operating system, each targeting different segments of the consumer market, the CEO of Motorola's handset business said Wednesday.
Apple sold more than 11 million iPhones in the last quarter of 2009 and will sell an additional 37.3 million during 2010, a financial analyst said in a recent research note to clients.
Perhaps as interesting as describing Google's Nexus One, unveiled on Tuesday, is examining what the phone isn't.
Three years after rumors of a Google phone first surfaced, the search giant has taken the wraps off its own branded and designed mobile phone, the Nexus One.
An early review of Google's Nexus One smartphone published Saturday on Engadget.com concluded that the device is "not really" an iPhone killer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Condé Nast parent company jumps into big data market with 1010data purchase
- Counterterrorism expert says it's time to give companies offensive cybercapabilities
- IBM applies some engineering rigor to the Internet of Things
- Microsoft's buys sales-gamification startup with eye to CRM combo
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, Aug. 3
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW