High Tech Computer (HTC), the world's biggest maker of smartphones running Microsoft's Windows Mobile operating system (OS) and Google's Android mobile OS, plans to launch its first smartphone with Microsoft's latest offering, Windows Phone 7, in the...
Both Qualcomm and ST-Ericsson are demonstrating at Mobile World Congress concept smartphones that can connect to and play HD content on TVs.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications expanded its line of smartphones based on Google's Android software platform on Sunday, adding two new touchscreen models: the Xperia X10 mini and mini pro.
Samsung is hoping a "Super-AMOLED" capacitive touchscreen will set the GT-S8500 Wave, the company's first smartphone based on its own Bada platform, apart from the competition, it said on Sunday. But analysts are questioning if the platform will be a...
The latest smartphone for a mass market has been unveiled not by Apple or Nokia or any other recognizable consumer electronics company but by a messaging software vendor that services mobile carriers.
Huawei is planning to launch a number of Android-based devices, including smartphones and "home-use Internet devices" at Mobile World Congress, it said on Friday.
Vodafone reported Thursday that revenue from data services exceeded £1 billion (US$1.58 billion) for the first time during the last three months of 2010, but that only partially helped offset lower voice revenue.
Lenovo's work on mobile phones with Google's Android operating system is focused on its high-end Lephone handset, but the company also wants to reach other price points, a company executive said Thursday.
Garmin-Asus plans to display its first GPS smartphone of 2010 on Thursday, the M10, loaded with the latest version of Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5.3 and a 3.5-inch touchscreen.
Apple may be touting the release of its iPhone OS 3.1.3 update, but new research shows the iPhone is actually starting to slip when it comes to smartphone market share.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications has launched the Aspen, a smartphone with a QWERTY keyboard and touchscreen, running the latest version of Windows Mobile.
Google may be gearing up to increase the availability of the Nexus One Android phone in the US.
Have you ever wanted to run a full-blown copy of Mac OS X on your mobile device? One hacker has managed to get Apple's operating system running on a smartphone, and it's not the iPhone.
Nokia and Apple were the big winners as the sale of mobile phones rebounded during the fourth quarter. Consumers, meanwhile, stand to get more choice and better value for money as competition heats up, especially in the smartphone segment.
Nokia reported a fourth-quarter profit of €948 million (US$1.3 billion), up 65 percent from a year earlier thanks to improved phone sales.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCCRM Change Lead, OrganisationalNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC