MIPS Technologies this week said it will put its processor architecture in tablets and smartphones as it prepares to duel rivals Arm and Intel in those fast-growing markets.
Throw another Verizon iPhone rumor into the quickly-growing pile.
Microsoft officials are exuding excitement over their prospects in the smartphone industry with the launch of Windows Phone 7. That's partly because the company knows exactly what previous versions of their mobile operating system did wrong.
Mobilizing enterprise apps is nothing new, yet beyond e-mail and a few other horizontal applications, it's still a niche market. But combining the cloud with the newest generation of smartphones is just starting to change that.
Microsoft gave a peek at the first Windows Phone 7 products earlier this month when it formally announced its follow-on Windows Mobile in the race for smartphone glory vs. Apple (See: Windows Phone 7 vs. Apple iOS), Google and RIM. Microsoft’s curre...
Nintendo reported a 2.01 billion yen (US$24.6 million) net loss for the six months to Sept. 30, as its sales of hardware and software dropped, the company said on Thursday. It sold 42 percent fewer handheld game consoles than a year earlier.
Motorola reported growth in sales and profit for the third quarter, helped by the sale of an increasing number of Android-based smartphones, the company said on Thursday.
Just in time for Halloween weekend, developer Rovio announced this morning that its sold a million downloads of Angry Birds Halloween in just six days on the App Store.
Defending its sources as "multiple" and "trusted," tech blog Engadget's gone on the defensive, claiming the PlayStation Phone is indeed real and citing a few scoops they got right. Of course they won't tell you about the ones they got wrong, but then...
The conventional wisdom is that enterprises aren't impressed by Apple's shiny iDevices, perceiving them as a consumer play. Is that a fair assessment? And if so, could it change in the foreseeable future? Let's take a look, in The Long View ...
Six months after Google first released the 2.2 or 'Froyo' version of its mobile operating system, HTC has made the update available to Australian owners of its flagship HTC Desire handset – through its website, if not directly over the air.
Smartphone sales are exploding, which poses long-term questions about wireless network capacity as users show a willingness to pay for ever-bigger data plans.
A bug in Apple's iPhone OS gives thieves a way to unlock stolen iPhones and make telephone calls.
With still two weeks before Windows Phone handsets go on sale, the Windows Phone Marketplace has already reached 1,000 applications and games, according to some brief blog reports.
Juniper this week unveiled software, based on its recent purchase of sMobile, to protect mobile devices from security threats.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- New AWS tools give developers high-powered instances, better container support and more
- Qualcomm enters server CPU market with 24-core ARM chip
- AWS re:Invent 2015: Amazon aims to make AWS a better home for IoT devices
- Dell's next 'AFTE' software robot will offer cognitive intelligence
- Adidas to 3D print custom insoles in sneakers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW