Finnish mobile phone giant Nokia this morning revealed it would sell its flagship N8 handset through all of Australia's three major mobile telcos -- Telstra, Optus and VHA -- for $749 up-front from 1 November.
Apple announced on Monday that it once again had set a Mac sales record last quarter, and also broke previous records for both the iPhone and iPad.
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) today officially announced one of its most poorly-kept secrets of 2010: The BlackBerry "Style" 9670 clamshell, formerly codenamed BlackBerry "Oxford." Sprint is the exclusive Style 9670 wireless carrier in th...
Operators have merged two different platforms for distributing Web-based mobile applications, in a effort to start competing with the likes of Apple's AppStore and Google's Market.
Motorola is asking a court to invalidate 12 Apple patents, even though Apple hasn't accused Motorola of infringing them.
Although the iPhone has a lot of admirers, it's possible to critique a smartphone without making it seems as if we are destined to default automatically to the iPhone and only one other rival platform. There should be enough room for more than two pl...
Apple's iTunes software offers a great way to manage the media content you'd like to get on and off of your iPhone, most of the time. But there are times when you may not want to use iTunes to transfer files to and from your iPhone -- like when you'r...
Apple's iPhone 4 is "significantly more prone to physical damage" than last year's iPhone 3GS, a company that provides after-sale warranties said today.
Sony Ericsson reported a profit for the third consecutive quarter as the company's Android-based smartphones continue to help it turn around its fortunes.
You wouldn't normally associate aircraft-grade aluminium, anodised stainless steel finishes, and designs milled out of a single block of billet aluminium with a mobile phone case, but that's exactly what is on offer with three of the latest iPhone 4 ...
Optus today launched a new prepaid mobile offer, Optus Dollar Days, touting daily flexibility for customers as a key benefit.
Opera Software will release the mobile version of its browser for Android-based smartphones within a month, the Norwegian company said in a blog post on Thursday.
The MeeGo project is getting ready to release version 1.1 of the operating system, which should allow developers to start working on applications for smartphones, according to a Wednesday blog post.
By all accounts, I am a BlackBerry "power user."
The recession in 2009 led to a small reduction in Bluetooth devices shipped globally, but upcoming low-energy Bluetooth devices will trigger renewed growth in those short-distance wireless devices, especially for phones and industrial and medical gea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung event in August portends new smartphone launch
- OnePlus 2 goes official from $329
- Amazon takes on MySQL with Aurora
- Over 10 million Web surfers possibly exposed to malvertising
- Car and pedestrian collision? There'll soon be an app for that
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW