Once again someone "familiar with the matter" is confirming what everybody suspects: Verizon will announce it's getting a version of the iPhone at a Tuesday event in New York.
Digg founder Kevin Rose blogged this week that Apple will announce the iPad 2 in the next 3 or 4 weeks -- maybe even Feb. 1.
LAS VEGAS -- Verizon Wireless is expected to get the iPhone early this year, but what about Sprint Nextel, the nation's third-largest carrier?
While Research in Motion's BlackBerry OS is still the most-used smartphone platform in the United States, it's starting to hear footsteps from Google's Android.
Samsung hinted that it may make announcements about a phone running a dual-core processor, new tablets including some running Honeycomb and new Windows Phone 7 models at Mobile World Congress in February.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer positioned Windows 7 as an operating system that can drive new and innovative products, as the company tries to fend off competition from tablet computers based on software from Google and Apple.
Microsoft Windows president Steven Sinofsky took a shot at Apple while previewing the next generation of Windows during CES in Las Vegas, saying users are being inconvenienced because there is no convergence across the iPhone, iPad, iPod and MacBook.
LAS VEGAS -- AT&T Wednesday announced that in February, it will start selling a version of the HTC Freestyle phone running Brew MP, an open-platform OS for phones that are smaller, less powerful and less expensive than smartphones.
With its major competitors talking the talk and walking the walk on 4G, AT&T gave the first signs today that it's feeling pressure to get its own 4G network started and completed in a hurry. Until now, AT&T has talked mainly about continuing on with ...
AT&T is building three facilities that mobile application developers can visit to access tools and resources and test their applications, the company said on Wednesday.
Amazon is preparing to open an Android app store to compete with Google's Android Market, and has launched a beta portal where developers can submit applications for Android-based smartphones, according to a company blog post.
Motorola on Wednesday showed off a new Android phone that connects to a docking station that looks like a laptop but has no CPU, so that users can access a full physical keyboard and monitor.
Dual-core processors will help power next-generation smartphones
As CES 2011 approaches, here are a few smartphone trends we expect to see at the show
Australian owners of Samsung’s Galaxy S handset will be receiving the Android 2.2 (Froyo) update over the air to their devices shortly, if they haven’t already, according to the South Korean electronics giant.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- TPPMO Lead - Large Government Dept - 12 Month ContractQLD
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- FTInside Sales Consultants - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD