Time to get over the fact that Apple didn’t announce the iPhone 5, but instead introduced the iPhone 4S, which boasts a collection of upgrades nonetheless. Here’s a quick spin through what’s new.
Oracle on Tuesday showed JavaFX rich client software running on both an Apple iPad and a Google Android-based Samsung Galaxy tablet, along with introducing a separate project using HTML5 to bring Java to Apple's iOS platform, called Project Avatar.
Apple's new iPhone 4S has some impressive upgrades, including voice controls, a faster processor, and a better camera. But to millions of tech fans hoping to be dazzled by Apple's latest creation, the 4S is, well, a tad disappointing. Here are the to...
In case you missed it, Apple held a little event today. While no iPhone 5 was unveiled, Apple did announce a retooled, and updated iPhone 4 - the iPhone 4S - which will be available on October 14.
Apple today unveiled the new iPhone, the iPhone 4S. More of an upgrade to the iPhone 4 than a new model (thus the lack of the "iPhone 5" moniker), the iPhone 4S uses the same dual-core 1GHz Apple A5 processor as in the iPad 2, up from the iPhone 4's ...
Apple's new CEO Tim Cook and other company executives today introduced the new iPhone 4S, an upgrade to the existing iPhone 4 that features the same faster dual-core processor now used in the iPad 2.
A new iPhone is here and it’s called the iPhone 4S. Featuring an identical physical design to the previous iPhone 4, the iPhone 4S (like the iPhone 3GS before it) is betting on upgraded internals win over the crowd.
Apple has announced the iPhone 4S, a 3G smartphone with improved hardware designed to allow the device to run applications faster than its predecessor, the iPhone 4.
Microsoft has invited 50 percent of eligible Windows Phone users to update to version 7.5, also known as Mango, Microsoft's Eric Hautala said in a <a href="http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2011/10/03/windows-phone-7-5-u...
The particulars of any new iPhone Apple may or may not announce next Tuesday remain anyone's guess. But we can say with confidence that next week's iPhone-related Apple event will almost certainly feature an appearance by the finished version of iOS ...
Between the popularity of Apple's iPad and the looming threat of Amazon's Kindle Fire, times are tough for other tablet makers. But their loss is your gain, as retailers have resorted to offering deep discounts on tablets that were, in all honesty, n...
Samsung has offered to disable some of its Galaxy Tab 10.1 features in order to overturn a ban on sales of the device in <a href="http://www.macworld.co.uk/business/news/index.cfm?newsid=3305923">Australia</a>.
LightSquared has lined up Sharp as its first partner to build smartphones and tablets for its planned LTE network, as the carrier stepped up its rhetoric about interference between that network and GPS.
Research in Motion's PlayBook looks to be in trouble, as it appears that the smartphone maker has stopped production of the tablet and is actively considering getting out of the business, says Collins Stewart semiconductor analyst John Vihn.
Research in Motion said Thursday that it remains committed to the PlayBook tablet and the tablet market, discounting an analyst's report that said the death of the device is imminent.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb LB130 review: An inexpensive color option
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- TPICT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution Architect - Banking/Financial Services - Immediate StartNSW
- FTSENIOR .Net DEVELOPERQLD
- CCBI Program DirectorNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationVIC
- CCFull Stack Java DevelopersNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPAndroid Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW