Oracle on Tuesday showed JavaFX rich client software running on both an Apple iPad and a Google Android-based Samsung Galaxy tablet, along with introducing a separate project using HTML5 to bring Java to Apple's iOS platform, called Project Avatar.
Apple's new iPhone 4S has some impressive upgrades, including voice controls, a faster processor, and a better camera. But to millions of tech fans hoping to be dazzled by Apple's latest creation, the 4S is, well, a tad disappointing. Here are the to...
In case you missed it, Apple held a little event today. While no iPhone 5 was unveiled, Apple did announce a retooled, and updated iPhone 4 - the iPhone 4S - which will be available on October 14.
Apple today unveiled the new iPhone, the iPhone 4S. More of an upgrade to the iPhone 4 than a new model (thus the lack of the "iPhone 5" moniker), the iPhone 4S uses the same dual-core 1GHz Apple A5 processor as in the iPad 2, up from the iPhone 4's ...
Apple's new CEO Tim Cook and other company executives today introduced the new iPhone 4S, an upgrade to the existing iPhone 4 that features the same faster dual-core processor now used in the iPad 2.
A new iPhone is here and it’s called the iPhone 4S. Featuring an identical physical design to the previous iPhone 4, the iPhone 4S (like the iPhone 3GS before it) is betting on upgraded internals win over the crowd.
Apple has announced the iPhone 4S, a 3G smartphone with improved hardware designed to allow the device to run applications faster than its predecessor, the iPhone 4.
Microsoft has invited 50 percent of eligible Windows Phone users to update to version 7.5, also known as Mango, Microsoft's Eric Hautala said in a <a href="http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/archive/2011/10/03/windows-phone-7-5-u...
The particulars of any new iPhone Apple may or may not announce next Tuesday remain anyone's guess. But we can say with confidence that next week's iPhone-related Apple event will almost certainly feature an appearance by the finished version of iOS ...
Between the popularity of Apple's iPad and the looming threat of Amazon's Kindle Fire, times are tough for other tablet makers. But their loss is your gain, as retailers have resorted to offering deep discounts on tablets that were, in all honesty, n...
Samsung has offered to disable some of its Galaxy Tab 10.1 features in order to overturn a ban on sales of the device in <a href="http://www.macworld.co.uk/business/news/index.cfm?newsid=3305923">Australia</a>.
LightSquared has lined up Sharp as its first partner to build smartphones and tablets for its planned LTE network, as the carrier stepped up its rhetoric about interference between that network and GPS.
Research in Motion's PlayBook looks to be in trouble, as it appears that the smartphone maker has stopped production of the tablet and is actively considering getting out of the business, says Collins Stewart semiconductor analyst John Vihn.
Research in Motion said Thursday that it remains committed to the PlayBook tablet and the tablet market, discounting an analyst's report that said the death of the device is imminent.
Look for double the mobile exploits this year vs. 2010 and particularly watch out for mobile applications that are really malware, says IBM's X-Force security research team.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
- Spotify is retaliating against artists with Apple Music exclusives
- Artificial Intelligence: 7 factors for precision decisions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC