Israeli startup Onavo aims to save mobile subscribers money on their data plans by shrinking the data they download.
Until this year, Google Ventures partner Rich Miner recommended to mobile application startups funded by his company that they start out by developing for Apple's iOS rather than Android.
Google is launching on Tuesday a redesigned Android Market client for phones that is intended to better showcase top applications and features an improved UI and faster downloading of products.
Research in Motion says its two-year-old BlackBerry App World has crossed the 1 billion app download mark and that a beta version of the app store upgrade is on the way.
Apple has enough courtroom action going on right now to fill up half-a-dozen prime-time legal dramas. Fortunately, you don't need to worry about keeping your HTC and Samsung patent disputes straight--we do it for you in another edition of Under the G...
More people are bringing their own tablets and smartphones to work but IT departments have been slow to support them and may not even be aware of the trend, according to a report funded by Unisys and conducted by IDC.
Telstra has announced the pricing and immediate availability of HTC's latest Android smartphone, the HTC Sensation.
Hewlett-Packard appointed a new executive on Monday to lead the development of its webOS software, with former Palm CEO Jon Rubinstein taking on a broader role in the HP group that makes PCs, tablets and handhelds.
There will be not just one new iPhone launched by Apple in September but two, according to a report.
Oracle this week filed what is likely the first of several requests that the patent office reconsider its initial rejection of a patent relevant to Oracle's legal dispute with Google.
Ever been on an endless search for a bottle opener during a big night out? Two Australian entrepreneurs feel your pain and have designed an iPhone case that double as a bottle opener.
Charging goods, particularly of the digital variety, to a mobile-phone bill may get more commonplace in the U.S. now that eBay plans to buy Zong, a Silicon Valley company.
Will handset makers maintain their dedication to Android if they have to pay to license it? That's the question experts following Google's battle with Oracle are asking, and some of them think the answer is no.
Apple's iPhone 5 may be just months away from becoming a reality, with the latest rumours suggesting an August or September release. Just exactly what does Apple have up its sleeve to entice consumers in 2011?
Coloring is getting a 21st-century makeover, courtesy of Crayola and Griffin Technology. And best of all, the combination iPad app and stylus offering introduced by the two companies Wednesday means there's almost no chance that your kids will wind u...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Bose QuietComfort 25 review: A traveller's companion
- 5 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google to kill off SSL 3.0 in Chrome 40
- BlackBerry upgrades BBM with timed messages
- Facebook sets up shop on the Tor anonymity network
- Sharp smartband LCD uses 1,000 times less power
- Hungary ditches Internet tax plans after protests
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW