Nokia's N900, the next tablet/smartphone/whatever to bat against Apple's iPhone, ships today. It's a big occasion for Nokia, as the N900 is its most powerful smartphone yet, and the device's Maemo 5 open source operating system is a diversion from Sy...
It's apparently not common knowledge that there are actually two Droids: the Motorola Droid and the HTC Droid Eris. They're both Android-based phones, but significantly different in form and firmware. The Motorola Droid is a slider phone with a large...
There is no piece of technological wizardry that I want so much as a Droid. Yet, I have decided to hold onto my iPhone. Why? Because the iPhone is the PC of smartphones.
The new Droid slider smartphone by Motorola Inc., running on the Verizon Wireless network, is clearly not an iPhone killer. But it is still pretty cool, with multitasking abilities and Google Inc.'s touches, such as quick access to Google Maps for tu...
If you are buying your first smartphone, which should it be: Droid or the iPhone? Both are revolutionary devices, but which revolution is for you? It is not (yet) a coin toss.
Ever since Verizon Wireless used Motorola's Droid to diss the iPhone, it's been nothing short of Droid hysteria in the tech world, and it's only getting crazier with today's reveal of the HTC Droid Eris. What can I say? We love a good fight. But let'...
Apple's iPhone may have kicked off the app store phenomenon, but believe it or not, there are alternatives.
The "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" stereotypes in Apple's famous ad campaign have nothing on the findings from a new study of BlackBerry and iPhone owners.
Beleaguered Sony Ericsson must need good news more than sales, why else would it introduce its first Android phone months early? Just in time to hurt holiday sales of its current high-end handset!
There are only three days until Verizon joins the Android invasion. T-Mobile was first to embrace the open source Google operating system, but with the addition of Sprint, and now Verizon, Android is mounting a quiet revolution that could see it squa...
Motorola's Droid has a tough game of catch-up to play, but not as tough as what faces Palm's Pre as both challenge Apple's iPhone. Longer term, this may be a two horse race, with Android winning in the end and BlackBerry still chugging along.
An impressive feature of Google's new Android 2.0 mobile device operating system is Google Maps Navigation, a that's not only free to use, but is fairly easy to learn as well.
With its new focus on Android-based handsets like Droid and Cliq, Motorola may finally be getting back its handset groove back.
The release of the iTunes 9.0.2 update on Thursday yet again disables Palm's workaround to sync with Apple's popular jukebox software. Perhaps it's high time Palm moved on and created its own software.
Too much, as least so early, is being made of the Motorola Droid's supposedly magical powers. Can a single handset "save" Motorola, launch a new operating system, and smite the evil Steve Jobs?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - VMwareNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia