Victoria Police is warning motorists to keep away from the current version of Apple’s Maps app due to five separate incidents where persons were directed off-road and into dangerous terrain.
Australian electronics vendor, Dick Smith, has announced that it will sell unlocked Apple iPhone 5 devices from today.
Mobile phones will become an increasing menace to network security that could drop malware onto protected devices when they dock to sync or plug into USB ports to charge, security experts say in a Georgia Tech report.
The early days of Windows Phone 7 have been all about positive reviews, not much market share, and a botched update that caused some phones to stop working.
While Sprint's new dual-screen Kyocera Echo smartphone is an industry first, its debut is being met with some skepticism.
While Research in Motion's BlackBerry OS is still the most-used smartphone platform in the United States, it's starting to hear footsteps from Google's Android.
Just 12 months ago, Apple’s burgeoning mobile phone business could do no wrong in Australia. Fresh from the local launch of the iPhone 3GS and with a market share ranking that was speedily catching up to the likes of Nokia and Research in Motion’s Bl...
Google has today unveiled its Maps Navigation Beta service in Australia, offering free turn-by-turn navigation through the Google Maps application on all Android smartphones.
To pay or not to pay, that is the mobile user conundrum.
The Samsung Captivate The Samsung Captivate, an Android 2.1 smartphone, will go on sale at AT&T later this year, offering a 4-in. Super AMOLED touchscreen display and a 1 GHz processor that may help make the device a viable competitor to the iPho...
Facing continued pressure from Apple and other smartphone makers, Nokia on Wednesday warned that its second quarter earnings would be lower than expected.
A new client-server software product is designed to secure and manage smartphones and other mobile devices in the enterprise, including iPhones. The vendor, Mobile Application Development Partners, says the software can be installed with no changes t...
An Android engineering team member earlier this week lashed out at critics who spread fears of fragmentation in the Android mobile phone market
The latest gadget disassembled by iFixIt is the HTC Evo 4G smartphone. And just in time. The first phone capable of running on a WiMAX network is <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/051310-sprint-to-make-htcs-evo.html ">due on Sprint's net...
Norwegian browser maker Opera has high hopes for the combination of mobile browsers and HTML 5, which will let web-based applications compete better with native applications, according to co-founder Jon von Tetzchner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
- Wayfair takes augmented reality, Project Tango to the enterprise
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW