2010 is shaping up to be a good year for Skype. A few weeks back, spokesperson Peter Parkes confirmed the company's VoIP iPhone App would soon be able to access AT&T's 3G network. Now it appears Skype could be making its way to Verizon's network.
Camran Ashraf, an Iranian-American digital activist, was encouraged by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's anticensorship speech Thursday.
Startup ViVu has released a software plug-in for Skype that allows the popular Internet calling service to be used for multipoint videoconferencing.
Skype has released the latest version of its application for the iPhone, adding new features and fixing a couple of annoying bugs that hung up calls.
The worst earthquake to hit the Caribbean in 200 years struck Haiti on Tuesday. The 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck near the Haitian Capital of Port-au-Prince, where it devastated the tiny nation, causing an unknown number of deaths and widespread de...
Skype is introducing high-definition video calling that it plans to make interoperable with corporate videoconferencing gear, so individuals could join conferences at high resolution for little cost. The news was unveiled last week during the Consume...
Skype users can now make high-definition video calls as long as they have an HD webcam and sufficient bandwidth and processing power, Skype said on Tuesday. The company also announced that HDTVs will ship later this year with its Internet calling sof...
China's cyberthreat response group Monday warned local Skype users about phishing scams being carried out through the chat program, in a show of ongoing efforts to counter phishing in the country.
Any business that has a corporate VoIP system can now use Skype's SIP trunking service as a way to cut the cost of corporate phone bills.
Google is bulking up its phone offerings with the acquisition of Gizmo5, a company that offers voice-over-IP software for mobile phones and computers.
If you're thinking about using Skype for Business as a way to save money you might want to put it off until the courts settle lawsuits that swirl around plans to sell the company.
With a similar legal battle playing out in the U.K., a company owned by Skype's founders has filed suit against Skype in the U.S.
Skype is shutting down Extras, the most important part of its program for outside developers, saying that demand for these third-party plug-ins has been weak.
Take a deep breath: Skype isn't working so great on the iPhone right now. But a fix should be available by Wednesday evening in Apple's App Store.
EBay Tuesday announced it has signed an agreement to sell its Skype voice-over-IP service to a group of private investors in a deal that values the business at US$2.75 billion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst |Telecommunications / DigitalNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCLabour Stream LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC