Microsoft has teamed up with Blizzard for the Skype Hearthstone Academy, bringing back the concept of a digital chat room for fans.
Windows 10 Insiders on build 14926 on both a PC and a Windows 10 Mobile device can now send and receive texts from a single app.
Microsoft's patent cross-licensing juggernaut continues with a new agreement with Lenovo.
Microsoft had a working feature that let you see and respond to text messages on your PC inside the Messaging app. Now it's killed that feature to bring it to Skype.
Microsoft Edge now supports Skype calls and video chats without plugins, but conditions apply.
Skype announced a new set of animated "Mojis" Wednesday aimed at letting users express their love, with some help from Paul McCartney.
Companies are wary about what employees are doing on their smartphones. Be it data loss or time-wasting, a growing number of employers are actively stopping staff from using certain apps on company-controlled devices.
When the robot apocalypse arrives, don't be surprised if the machines crack jokes about our undoing.
The Skype Translator beta app now can help people say "guten tag" to their friends in Germany, thanks to an update it received on Thursday.
Skype will have to appear in a Belgian criminal court after ignoring a judge's order to give law enforcement officials access to data from calls between suspected criminals.
Microsoft plans to appeal a EU court ruling that found its Skype brand is too similar to that of British satellite broadcaster Sky, which holds a European trademark on audiovisual goods, telephony and software-related services categories.
Skype used two Luxembourg companies and an Irish subsidiary to avoid paying corporate income tax during a five year period, according to documents detailing deals with Luxembourg tax authorities.
Microsoft's upcoming Skype for Web service will use the new WebRTC standard so it works in all modern browsers -- but not right away: Early users will have to download a plugin that's only available on Mac and Windows.
Microsoft announced the Microsoft Lumia 535 Monday night, dropping the Nokia brand on its smartphone for the first time.
Microsoft has decided to stop routing Skype Internet calls from within India to local landlines and mobile phones, in a move that may signal it is giving in to local regulations.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerSA
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCTrigger TechniciansNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCService SupportACT
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Java and AWSVIC
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCService Desk Tier 3 EngineerQLD
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA