Samsung Electronics and South Korean mobile operator SK Telecom plan to demonstrate next week research into future "5G" wireless and data transmission at 7.55Gbps.
The Wi-Fi Alliance warned that LTE on unlicensed frequencies could interfere with Wi-Fi and said it plans to collaborate with the 3GPP cellular standards group to help prevent that.
In the hunt for ways to improve coverage and increase cellular speeds, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile in the U.S., and SK Telecom of South Korea, are considering using LTE over 5GHz, which today is used by Wi-Fi networks.
Chip vendors and device makers are readying the smartphones, hotspots and cars that will let users eventually enjoy higher download speeds with LTE-Advanced.
Faster and more flexible mobile networks enabled by small cells, virtualization and next-generation LTE are expected to highlight infrastructure trends at Mobile World Congress next week.
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW