Samsung Electronics and South Korean mobile operator SK Telecom plan to demonstrate next week research into future "5G" wireless and data transmission at 7.55Gbps.
The Wi-Fi Alliance warned that LTE on unlicensed frequencies could interfere with Wi-Fi and said it plans to collaborate with the 3GPP cellular standards group to help prevent that.
In the hunt for ways to improve coverage and increase cellular speeds, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile in the U.S., and SK Telecom of South Korea, are considering using LTE over 5GHz, which today is used by Wi-Fi networks.
Chip vendors and device makers are readying the smartphones, hotspots and cars that will let users eventually enjoy higher download speeds with LTE-Advanced.
Faster and more flexible mobile networks enabled by small cells, virtualization and next-generation LTE are expected to highlight infrastructure trends at Mobile World Congress next week.
LTE is simultaneously being pushed forward on several fronts, and the result for users will be faster networks, better coverage and the ability to access networks while travelling abroad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA