India has decided to allow mobile services operations to be wholly owned by foreign investors, a move that is expected to lead multinationals to take full control of their Indian joint ventures by buying out local partners.
Sistema's mobile services joint venture in India has failed to get the country's Supreme Court to change its decision to cancel its mobile licenses.
India has cut in half the minimum bid price for 2G spectrum to be used by operators of CDMA services, after there were no bidders in an auction for the spectrum last year.
India's auction of mobile spectrum has not attracted new foreign investors, reflecting growing uncertainty about investment policies in the country and the growth potential of its mobile market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA