Google’s new digital assistant – called Google Assistant – has upped the level of A.I. available to regular phone users thanks to the new Google Pixel phone and the Allo chat app. It assistant offers more than just voice recognition – it understands the context of what you’re saying. We suspect that the developers have also had some fun baking in some tongue-in-cheek responses.
Siri in pictures
From using Siri to muting notifications to saving battery life, here are some of the most useful Apple Watch tips and tricks you should learn.
Mobile payments, smarter Siri, better maps and more
The iPhone 4S hit Australian stores today and one of the most hotly anticipated features is Siri voice control: described by Apple as a voice assistant that lets you talk to perform tasks by talking to your iPhone. How well does it handle our Aussie accent?
Siri can be your enforcer the next time someone owes you money.
Japanese engineers might play a vital role in Apple's continued improvements to the artificial intelligence powering Siri.
Back up your iPhone, iPod, or iPad and get ready to upgrade to Apple's next-gen operating system.
Finding images, sending messages, and transferring money in third-party apps is about to get a whole lot easier.
Siri just can't seem to say her last name correctly, so Babs asked Tim Cook to fix it—and then leaked the alleged date when it'll be done.
Contextual intelligence to help you with your life
Google’s new digital assistant – called Google Assistant – has upped the level of A.I. available to regular phone users thanks to the new Google Pixel phone and the Allo chat app. It assistant offers more than just voice recognition – it understands ...
With Apple pushing ahead to expand Siri, industry analysts say the increasing A.I.-focused competition among industry giants Google, Microsoft, Amazon and Apple should propel smart technologies to a whole new level in a few years.
Apple is expected to take the wraps off the next version of iOS, tvOS, watchOS, and OS X at WWDC. We spoke to some app developers to find out what's on their wish lists.
“Hey Siri, give us a hint”
Google, Samsung and LG have followed in Apple’s footsteps by launching voice-enabled personal assistants. We spent time with each personal assistant to identify which company has developed the strongest offering so far.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.VIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- FTTesting and Support Services ManagerACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCCyber Security Specialist - Multiple rolesVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Intranet - Cloud / CMSVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of an innovation programVIC
- FTSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceWA
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD