The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill that would allow mobile phone users to unlock their devices and switch carriers, overriding a 2013 decision by the Library of Congress to make the practice illegal.
About 4,500 people have indicated they plan to attend a rally Saturday in Washington, D.C., to protest surveillance programs run by the U.S. National Security Agency.
Privacy and digital rights groups have dug in for a longer fight against massive surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency, even after the House of Representatives voted last week against an amendment to curtail the agency's data col...
The U.S. National Security Agency collected the email and Internet use records of some U.S. residents for about a decade following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, according to documents published Thursday by the U.K. newspaper the Guardian.
The chief sponsor of the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) in the U.S. Congress has ignited a Twitter storm by suggesting many opponents of the proposed cyberthreat sharing bill are 14-year-olds in basements.
Momentum is growing in the U.S. Congress to overturn a U.S. Library of Congress ruling that took mobile phone unlocking out of the legal exemptions to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
The author of a successful White House petition calling on government officials to legalize the unlocking of mobile phones has turned his attention to broader reform of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration has sided with more than 100,000 petition signers who asked the government to legalize the unlocking of smartphones.
More than 85,000 people have signed a Whitehouse.gov petition asking U.S. President Barack Obama to reverse a decision by the Library of Congress making the unlocking of mobile phones illegal under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Agents of Mayhem hands-on: Saints Row meets SHIELD
- Top 10 emerging technologies from the World Economic Forum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCProject ControllerQLD
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW