Siemens released critical security patches for the firmware in its Ruggedcom WIN products which are used as broadband wireless base stations in industrial environments.
Industrial control systems have been at the center of some scary security stories recently, but investigating malware infections in such environments is not easy because analysts often having a hard time telling suspicious and good files apart.
Siemens released security updates for several of its SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) products for industrial environments, in order to fix critical vulnerabilities that may have been exploited in recent attacks.
Since 2011 a group of attackers has been targeting companies that operate industrial control systems with a backdoor program called BlackEnergy.
Big data is going to get a big boost from the European Union, which will match an industry consortium's €2 billion investment with €500 million of public money over the next five years.
The first large-scale analysis of a fundamental type of software known as firmware has revealed poor security practices that could present opportunities for hackers probing the "Internet of Things."
Unify, a joint venture between Siemens and the Gores Group, will cut 50 per cent of its staff and refocus its product roster away from hardware, following a shift in the overall unified communications market toward software and Cloud services.
Siemens released a security update to address the Heartbleed vulnerability in SIMATIC WinCC Open Architecture, a supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system that's used in a large number of industries to operate processes, machines and pr...
Siemens Enterprise Communications has changed its name to Unify and now hopes to take advantage of a growing interest in hosted unified communications.
Nokia is to acquire Siemens' 50 percent stake in joint venture Nokia Siemens Networks, which will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Finnish company after the transaction is completed.
Siemens has started talks with private-equity firms about the sale of its share in Nokia Siemens Networks, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.
Malta-based security start-up firm ReVuln claims to be sitting on a stockpile of vulnerabilities in industrial control software, but prefers to sell the information to governments and other paying customers instead of disclosing it to the affected so...
Software made by Siemens and targeted by the Stuxnet malware is still full of other dangerous vulnerabilities, according to Russian researchers whose presentation at the Defcon security conference earlier this year was cancelled following a request f...
The U.S. Department of Justice has charged that six ex-Siemens executives bribed Argentine government officials in order to win a US$1 billion contract to provide national identity cards to the country's citizens.
Kevin Finisterre isn't the type of person you expect to see in a nuclear power plant. With a beach ball-sized Afro, aviator sunglasses and a self-described "swagger," he looks more like Clarence Williams from the '70s TV show "The Mod Squad" than an ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW