Siemens released critical security patches for the firmware in its Ruggedcom WIN products which are used as broadband wireless base stations in industrial environments.
Industrial control systems have been at the center of some scary security stories recently, but investigating malware infections in such environments is not easy because analysts often having a hard time telling suspicious and good files apart.
Siemens released security updates for several of its SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) products for industrial environments, in order to fix critical vulnerabilities that may have been exploited in recent attacks.
Since 2011 a group of attackers has been targeting companies that operate industrial control systems with a backdoor program called BlackEnergy.
Big data is going to get a big boost from the European Union, which will match an industry consortium's €2 billion investment with €500 million of public money over the next five years.
Go to a technology event or corporate meeting these days and you're bound to hear from a guest speaker. It's often someone like a retired politician telling war stories, or a new-age management guru delivering a thinly veiled pitch for their latest b...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- FTSOE Operations SpecialistACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW