Smartphones running the open source Ubuntu operating system will start shipping in October, although it isn't clear if they will be available in the U.S., according to a report.
Some of Taiwan's smaller manufacturers said they were relieved to see Google release the source code for its Android 4.0 operating system, after being cut out of the picture with its previous Honeycomb version.
Canonical founder Mark Shuttleworth is a big fan of Google Chrome, and says the browser could replace the standard Firefox in future versions of Ubuntu Linux.
NASA astronauts Friday wrapped up the fourth and final spacewalk of space shuttle Endeavour's last mission, moving a robotic arm from the space shuttle to its new home onboard the International Space Station.
Whenever a new version of an operating system is released, it's common to see a wave of reviews following on its heels, assessing how the software compares with what came before it and weighing its new pros and cons.
After calling off last Friday's planned final launch of the space shuttle Endeavour, NASA now says the earliest it might lift off is May 8.
This is a big day for NASA and space buffs around the world, who are clebrating two major anniversaries.
Six NASA servers exposed to the Internet had critical vulnerabilities that could have endangered Space Shuttle, International Space Station and Hubble Telescope missions -- flaws that would have been found by a security oversight program the agency a...
With 38 computer processors and working arms and hands, the humanoid robot onboard NASA's space shuttle Discovery is expected to be the centerpiece of a dramatic step forward in the evolution of humans and robots working together in space.
The humanoid robot taking off in NASA's space shuttle Discovery tomorrow afternoon could get a companion in a few years when the Japanese Space Agency plans to send its own robot to the International Space Station.
Hard on the heels of Canonical's controversial decision to use the 3D-enabled Unity interface in its desktop Ubuntu operating system came word late last week that it will also adopt a new graphics system.
Small-PC specialist Shuttle will show off a pair of desktop PCs based on Via Technologies' Nano processor at the Computex exhibition in Taipei next week, the company said Tuesday.
Taiwanese PC vendor Shuttle plans to debut a shoebox sized PC, the K5600+ with Via Technology's Nano microprocessor in March, a company representative said Sunday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW