If you aren't ready for 4K TVs yet, you could wait a few more years for the next big thing -- 8K.
Eyeing use in car dashboards and consoles, Sharp has developed an LCD panel that can be cut to almost any shape.
Sharp is close to commercializing its first product that uses a MEMS display -- a new type of flat-panel display that boasts deeper and richer colors than traditional LCD screens and lower power consumption.
Sharp has set 2017 as its target for mass production of a new display it says will reduce power consumption in smartphones and tablets.
The most striking thing about Sprint's upcoming Aquos Crystal smartphone only becomes clear when you turn its camera on.
If Sharp's latest display is any indication, car dashboards could soon have LCDs that fit into all kinds of nooks and crannies.
If you love the way colors pop on large OLED displays, Sharp and other Japanese companies are working on a tiny treat for you: a 13-inch OLED screen with 8K resolution.
Sure, you could buy a laptop, tablet or cloud service from Toshiba. But how about some spinach?
4K TV shows aren't yet a reality in most countries, but Sharp has announced a unit that can receive and record them.
Apple is said to be in talks with Renesas Electronics to buy its majority-owned joint venture that designs chips for smartphone displays.
Resolution fanatics hoping that 4K TVs will become cheaper got some welcome news from Sharp on Monday when it unveiled its Aquos 4K Ultra HD, with 60- and 70-inch versions priced at USD$4,999.99 and $5,999.99, respectively.
Home appliances, cars and computers could soon be talking to one another thanks to an open source framework that has the backing of consumer electronics manufacturers in a new industry alliance.
Apple is selling a 4K monitor from Sharp that could allay concerns of users looking to buy the upcoming Mac Pro desktop for ultra-high definition content creation.
Sharp has started mass production of its high-definition IGZO screens for smartphones, which could lead to crisper and sharper displays on the phone in your pocket.
It might not be immediately obvious, but with every solar panel installed comes a simple but essential piece of maintenance: regular cleaning.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- ITU gives public more access to talks on future of the Internet
- GlobalFoundries to take over IBM's semiconductor unit in $1.3 billion deal
- Apple's iCloud targeted in man-in-the-middle attack in China
- 3D-printed gun maker draws jail term in Japan
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW