When you check into Japan's newest hotel, a mechanized velociraptor in a bellhop cap greets you at the front desk.
With its entry into the market of 4K high definition television sets, Sharp Electronics has elected to use Google's Android TV operating system to run the higher-end models, bringing computer-like functionality to these devices.
Charter wins Time Warner with $55 million bid...Jony Ive moves upstairs at Apple... Sharp shows off its slow-mo phone...and more tech news.
Electronics maker Sharp is showing off smartphones that can play back video at rates up to 2,100 frames per second (fps) for a smoother slow motion effect.
Electronics maker Sharp is launching what it believes is the next phase in high-definition TVs with a 4K screen that can display imagery at 8K resolution, seen as the display standard to follow 4K.
Struggling display manufacturer Sharp, reeling from fierce competition in smartphones, will push automakers to incorporate vehicle dashboards that have gestural commands, thin bezels and other next-generation features.
Former Office chief returns to Microsoft... Turing manuscript fetches $1 million... Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia talking merger... and more tech news.
Sharp has developed a 5.5-inch display with 3860 x 2160 pixel resolution, which is equivalent to "ultra high definition," also known as 4K.
Struggling electronics maker Sharp said Monday it is grappling with how to reform its LCD panel business, but has yet to make any decisions.
EMC pools assets into data lakes...U.S. bill aims at ed tech companies...leaked FTC report could free EC to act on Google... and more tech news
One of the biggest gripes with Google's Chromecast is that there's no way to control it apart from using a phone, tablet, or laptop. That can be a problem if you need to answer a phone call, your kid has run off with the family iPad, and House of Car...
LCDs aren't ideal for drawing, but you might be hard-pressed to remember that with Sharp's latest displays.
Be it telegrams or feature phones, Japan can't bear to part with yesterday's technology.
Outmoded technology dies hard in futuristic Japan.
CES 2015 might go down as the moment when TVs became more complicated than they should be.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC