Outsourcing declined worldwide by 18 percent to US$16.4 billion in the second quarter because of weak demand in the Americas and an overall drop in the number of large contracts awarded, sourcing data and advisory firm TPI said on Wednesday.
Dell's acquisition of Force10 Networks will fill a critical networking hole as the company buys its way into building an integrated technology stack for data centers, analysts said on Wednesday.
Wipro's second-quarter revenue grew, the company reported Wednesday. However, its larger competitors, Infosys and Tata Consultancy Services, grew faster.
A growing number of ERP (enterprise resource planning) software customers are considering a jump to third-party software support providers, according to new data from analyst firm Constellation Research.
Software and services fueled IBM growth in the second quarter of 2011, the company said Monday.
Tata Consultancy Services reported strong revenue and profit increases in the quarter ended June 30, citing growth across all markets, including emerging markets.
Microsoft is expected on Tuesday to update its strategy for cloud-based ERP (enterprise resource planning) and CRM (customer relationship management) software during the annual Worldwide Partner Conference in Los Angeles.
Infosys is investing in a products and platforms business that will help it break its dependence on its traditional "time and materials" model, under which contracts are priced on the basis of the duration of a project and the number of staff working...
Santander UK, a subsidiary of Banco Santander, has moved call center jobs from India back to the U.K., citing adverse feedback from its customers.
Genpact, a large Indian outsourcer, has acquired the human resources services subsidiary of Nissan Motor for an undisclosed amount, and has bagged a seven-year contract to offer HR services to employees of the Japanese automotive company.
The U.S. Army's massive SAP software project is "at high risk" of running further over time and budget, according to a recent report by the Department of Defense's Inspector General's Office.
Dell opened a data center in Shanghai this week to host public and private clouds and to provide customers with off-premise application and storage services, the company said Wednesday.
The Anonymous hacking group has taken another swipe at police in Arizona, launching online attacks against several police union websites and publishing e-mail messages stolen from law enforcement officers.
Personal data sent to India by companies outsourcing work to service providers in the country will not be covered under the country's stringent new rules for the collection of personal data, an executive of a data protection standards company set up ...
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is demanding that systems integrator Science Applications International Corporation reimburse more than US$600 million it was paid in connection with the troubled CityTime software project, a long-running effort to ov...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD