Oracle is preparing to roll out the latest member of its family of "engineered systems" that combine software and hardware, with the upcoming product focused on virtualisation.
In the ongoing quest for faster access to data, Diablo Technologies has taken what could be a significant next step.
Intel has updated its road map with a new, low-power server chip to help it ward off competition from Calxeda and other makers of low-power chips.
Hewlett Packard and Japan's NEC will expand their existing partnership to develop high-end x86-based servers for cloud and Web applications.
Though software sales provided a ray of light in otherwise mixed results this week, gloom settled over the tech sector Friday in the wake of bellwether IT quarterly earnings reports.
Oracle is introducing a new generation of its Exalytics appliance for high-speed data analysis that comes with a slightly higher price tag but major increases in memory and storage capacity.
A preview version of Windows Server 2012 R2 is now out, complete with a nag feature aimed at administrators.
Microsoft is investing US$678 million in the expansion of its data center in West Des Moines, Iowa.
Demand for mainframe and high-performance Unix servers is falling, but a new wave of SPARC and IBM Power chips for the servers will be unwrapped at the Hot Chips conference in late August.
Advanced Micro Devices is building its future server strategy around chips used in smartphones and tablets. The company said its first ARM server processors - which will be released in the second half of next year - will be faster and more powerful t...
Dell has introduced a converged computing, storage and networking system for small and remote offices, the PowerEdge VRTX, saying it will let customers deploy a system with virtualization in hours.
Dell and Oracle will integrate hardware and software for customers through a strategic partnership, the companies announced on Tuesday.
Intel is jumping into cloud gaming with the new Xeon E3-1200v3 chips, which are the company's first server processors based on the Haswell microarchitecture.
Server revenue worldwide was down 7.7 per cent year-over-year in the first quarter, as weak economic conditions and server consolidation by customers slowed sales, according to research firm IDC.
Advanced Micro Devices had no plans to release low-power x86 server chips until the release of its ARM-based servers in 2014, but sagging server fortunes have changed the company's direction.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 2 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 3 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 4 Fetch TV set-top box
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 5547 laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Amazon building ad system to compete with Google's
- Airbnb to reveal 124 New York hosts to attorney general
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- HP loses its leader on NFV, a key carrier network trend
- Google acquires Gecko Design for next-generation products
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW