In many ways, the modern computer era began in the New Englander Motor Hotel in Greenwich, Connecticut.
IBM for decades was the only company making servers based on its proprietary Power architecture, but that's not the case anymore.
Lenovo will send a memo to its server sales team on Tuesday, urging them to ignore the "uncertainty and doubt" its rivals are sowing over its acquisition of IBM's server division.
Huawei's enterprise unit has launched the FusionCube for high-end HANA systems and will also work with SAP on products for areas such as enterprise mobility.
The demand for customized servers is growing as buying trends change, with more companies designing servers in-house instead of buying from well-established vendors such as Hewlett-Packard or Dell.
Even as server shipments went up, revenue in the market declined in last year's fourth quarter, as demand for higher-end systems remained weak, according to research firm IDC.
Intel has added up to 15 cores in its latest Xeon E7 v2 family of server processors, but is stressing in-memory computing improvements with the latest chips.
Intel has released a new tool for remotely managing servers from multiple hardware vendors, though it's having to be careful not to upset partners as it looks to make more money from software.
Hewlett-Packard said security and safety updates will be provided to all its server users, after a controversy surrounding the company's decision to restrict access to firmware updates to server customers on warranty or covered by a support agreement...
Worldwide IT spending will grow by 4.6 percent this year, as enterprises look to upgrade storage, servers and networking equipment, according to market research company IDC.
Microsoft technologist Scott Guthrie has been appointed to lead the company's cloud and enterprise group, after the promotion of the former head, Satya Nadella, to the position of CEO of the company.
Fujitsu Laboratories and Furukawa Electric have developed an optical connector that could reduce connectivity costs for servers.
Intel is closing down its AppUp online application store as it sees a shift in the market and consumer needs.
Microsoft is contributing the designs of the cloud servers that run some of its services like Bing and Windows Azure to the Open Compute Project, in a bid to help standardize and reduce hardware costs.
Lenovo Group has agreed to buy IBM's x86 server hardware business and related maintenance services for $US2.3 billion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Israeli startup says its new software would have prevented Tesla hack
- Microsoft moves Cortana and Bing into Microsoft Research to accelerate new features
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC