In many ways, the modern computer era began in the New Englander Motor Hotel in Greenwich, Connecticut.
IBM for decades was the only company making servers based on its proprietary Power architecture, but that's not the case anymore.
Lenovo will send a memo to its server sales team on Tuesday, urging them to ignore the "uncertainty and doubt" its rivals are sowing over its acquisition of IBM's server division.
Huawei's enterprise unit has launched the FusionCube for high-end HANA systems and will also work with SAP on products for areas such as enterprise mobility.
The demand for customized servers is growing as buying trends change, with more companies designing servers in-house instead of buying from well-established vendors such as Hewlett-Packard or Dell.
Even as server shipments went up, revenue in the market declined in last year's fourth quarter, as demand for higher-end systems remained weak, according to research firm IDC.
Intel has added up to 15 cores in its latest Xeon E7 v2 family of server processors, but is stressing in-memory computing improvements with the latest chips.
Intel has released a new tool for remotely managing servers from multiple hardware vendors, though it's having to be careful not to upset partners as it looks to make more money from software.
Hewlett-Packard said security and safety updates will be provided to all its server users, after a controversy surrounding the company's decision to restrict access to firmware updates to server customers on warranty or covered by a support agreement...
Worldwide IT spending will grow by 4.6 percent this year, as enterprises look to upgrade storage, servers and networking equipment, according to market research company IDC.
Microsoft technologist Scott Guthrie has been appointed to lead the company's cloud and enterprise group, after the promotion of the former head, Satya Nadella, to the position of CEO of the company.
Fujitsu Laboratories and Furukawa Electric have developed an optical connector that could reduce connectivity costs for servers.
Intel is closing down its AppUp online application store as it sees a shift in the market and consumer needs.
Microsoft is contributing the designs of the cloud servers that run some of its services like Bing and Windows Azure to the Open Compute Project, in a bid to help standardize and reduce hardware costs.
Lenovo Group has agreed to buy IBM's x86 server hardware business and related maintenance services for $US2.3 billion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Sony reveals DualShock 4 wireless adapter for PCs
- Exclusive no more: Sony's PlayStation Now is bringing hundreds of PS3 games to PCs
- AMD sweetens its 6- and 8-core FX chips with free Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Twitter rolls out night mode in its iOS app
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160818/P/265Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT