In many ways, the modern computer era began in the New Englander Motor Hotel in Greenwich, Connecticut.
IBM for decades was the only company making servers based on its proprietary Power architecture, but that's not the case anymore.
Lenovo will send a memo to its server sales team on Tuesday, urging them to ignore the "uncertainty and doubt" its rivals are sowing over its acquisition of IBM's server division.
Huawei's enterprise unit has launched the FusionCube for high-end HANA systems and will also work with SAP on products for areas such as enterprise mobility.
The demand for customized servers is growing as buying trends change, with more companies designing servers in-house instead of buying from well-established vendors such as Hewlett-Packard or Dell.
Even as server shipments went up, revenue in the market declined in last year's fourth quarter, as demand for higher-end systems remained weak, according to research firm IDC.
Intel has added up to 15 cores in its latest Xeon E7 v2 family of server processors, but is stressing in-memory computing improvements with the latest chips.
Intel has released a new tool for remotely managing servers from multiple hardware vendors, though it's having to be careful not to upset partners as it looks to make more money from software.
Hewlett-Packard said security and safety updates will be provided to all its server users, after a controversy surrounding the company's decision to restrict access to firmware updates to server customers on warranty or covered by a support agreement...
Worldwide IT spending will grow by 4.6 percent this year, as enterprises look to upgrade storage, servers and networking equipment, according to market research company IDC.
Microsoft technologist Scott Guthrie has been appointed to lead the company's cloud and enterprise group, after the promotion of the former head, Satya Nadella, to the position of CEO of the company.
Fujitsu Laboratories and Furukawa Electric have developed an optical connector that could reduce connectivity costs for servers.
Intel is closing down its AppUp online application store as it sees a shift in the market and consumer needs.
Microsoft is contributing the designs of the cloud servers that run some of its services like Bing and Windows Azure to the Open Compute Project, in a bid to help standardize and reduce hardware costs.
Lenovo Group has agreed to buy IBM's x86 server hardware business and related maintenance services for $US2.3 billion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTSenior Technical Lead - Java and .NetNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTNetwork Engineer- LinuxWA
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC