Oracle has given the first peek at its upcoming Sparc M7 processor, promising big performance gains for customers who use the in-memory compute features of its 12C database.
SAP has relaxed hardware requirements for using its Hana in-memory database platform for development and testing, in a move that could make existing Hana customers' operations easier and less expensive while also generating more Hana sales.
Advanced Micro Devices may be willing to make custom ARM server chips for customers, much like it made custom chips for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 game consoles.
Atos's offer to acquire servers and services specialist Bull has been approved, making it possible for the company to beef up its security and cloud computing offerings.
Expectations for the success of ARM servers are diminishing as processors and product releases get delayed, a top Dell executive said.
Red Hat has developed a version of the Linux operating system that can be used to test chips and associated hardware based on the ARMv8-A 64-bit architecture for servers with the aim of standardizing that market.
Advanced Micro Devices is moving closer to a motherboard design that will accept both x86 and ARM chips with the shipment of its first 64-bit ARM board.
The first third-party chips and servers licensed to use IBM's Power architecture will be on the market early next year.
Two days after Hewlett-Packard said its chairman had resigned due to ill health, the company has named a replacement: President and CEO Meg Whitman.
Intel has started shipping Xeon E5 chips based on the Haswell microarchitecture to server makers, and the chip will be in servers this quarter.
VoIP PBXes, NTP servers, Web-controlled power strips - hack together one of these handy, cheap solutions for the server closet and beyond
IBM researchers are pursuing an ambitious project to deliver supercomputers that can be held in the palm of your hand.
Micron wants to shake up decades-old memory implementations with its Hybrid Memory Cube technology, which will be available as an alternative to DRAM modules starting in the first quarter next year.
Google is well-known for building its own server hardware to meet the unique needs of its massive compute network, but that won't always be the case, according to the head of its infrastructure team.
Chinese server vendors are making big gains in their home market, and putting pressure on U.S. rivals Hewlett-Packard and IBM in the "hyperscale" segment, according to research firm IDC. Dell, though, remains the country's number one server vendor.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Many hospitals transmit your health records unencrypted
- EFF condemns Windows 10 data collection
- Facebook renews search for elusive younger users with Lifestage
- Blame it on your brain: Researchers discover why we ignore PC security warnings
- Barbra Streisand says Apple is updating Siri on Sept 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160818/P/265Asia
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW